Chapter 22

At Risk.

~0o0~

"Takemichi! Stay close!— Hold up!" Draken yelled for the omega, but Takemichi never responded. He was too concentrated on the burning hamlet, where blood-curdling screams could be heard.

He never slowed down as he ran through the heat, bringing several survivors to parked cars. "Go to the covered court and gather there—the trucks are already filled with petrol!" he urged.

"Wait for the allocated drivers and any survivors!" he yelled at the crowd. The citizens only stared at him in a stupor, terrified and unable to budge from their positions. "What are you waiting for? Leave right now!" 

The rest scurried over to the court-- scared to piss off the infuriated omega. 'Where are the kids.' His mind ran, the world was spinning around him-- he couldn't take it anymore. 

'Mitsuya.'

'Chifuyu'

'Hoshi'

'Where are they?'

Another explosion had a tremendous impact on the ground not far from where he stood. The ground trembled slightly, causing him to stumble.

"Chifuyu!! Mitsuya!!"

"Hoshi!!!" He yelled out.

He wanted to vomit—he worked hard to make this a secure place, so how did things come to this? His mind was going crazy to the point that he was hearing growls and screeches—zombies?

'What the hell happened?'

"Pwetty princess!" 

"Pwetty Princess!"

"Yes, you look like a pretty princess Sana!" Mitsuya cheered for the little girl, twirling and showing off one of her poofy dresses. It was a sight to behold, Both Mitsuya and Chifuyu couldn't help but gush over at the triplets.

Chifuyu was lured by the fat cheeks and pinched both Kaito and Kenji's cheeks, leaving each with a red area on their skin. Kaito, who didn't like that one bit, slapped Chifuyu's hand. "Bad Papa!" He pouted, crossing both their hands and trying to act angry at their father.

Which failed.

"Aww, you both are so cute!" Chifuyu scooped up the two sulking babies as he rubbed the two's cheeks along with his. Mitsuya on the other hand was pampering the youngest with praises and sweet kisses.

Soon after, a succession of thuds could be heard coming from above up to the stairs. "Hoshi? You should be on bed rest like what your mother told you." Mitsuya stood up as he carried Sana on his other arm.

"Tetsuya is constantly taunting me, so I don't want to stay in the room with him or else I'll go insane," he grumbles. "I'm hungry anyway," he said, looking at both Chifuyu and Mitsuya.

"All right, why don't I go make some food from the kitchen while you stay here and assist Mitsuya to look after the kids?" Chifuyu said.

He hesitated at first before giving him a small nod.