Chapter 1: Doctor Scouting

Hinata's POV

"Mes," I said, underneath my mask. The nurse scrambled to grab the scapel without much hesitation.

The patient lying in front of me was brought in because his thyroid cancer had spread too far. Since we are only the emergency room, I have to be able to make him substainable until a specialist came by. But in this case, I have to take care of the procedure myself.

"Ui-sa," the nurse next to me called. "Shouldn't we wait?"

I shook my head and replied in Korean, "I need to make sure his life is saved. That's the first priority. Now hurry, help me here."

~~~~~~

"Finished," I pulled my gloves off. "Clean up in here and meet me in the lobby."

"Of course, Ui-sa," the nurse and doctors bowed their head in respect. "Good job, ma'am."

I bowed in return, "The lives of others is most important. Remember that. Now, transport him to the specialist."

"Yes, ma'am!"

I nodded before I left the procedure room where I was greeted with a round of applause by other people. The patient's mother, I'm presumming, came up to me.

"Thank you," she cried, tears streaming down her cheeks continously. "I am forever in your debt."

I smiled and bowed my head in respect, "Just doing my job."

Some of the head of other hospitals, not only from Korea, but from almost every part of the world, were watching me; interest sparked in their eyes as I walked passed, bowing to everyone. There was a brunette man with a square jaw and hooded brown eyes following my every movement. Familiar, yes. But from where exactly?

Hopefully, I won't be picked off by a Japanese scouter. I don't... want to go back.

To be completely honest, I cut off all contact I had with my old high school buddies yes, including Sasuke. Before anybody can get mad, met me explain!

The day after we returned to Konoha, Sasuke confronted me about the breakup with Naruto. I had only replied with I was just holding the blonde back if we continued to date. Sasuke lost it right then and there.

"Why did you do it? Is it because things got too complicated or was it because you were afraid?! It's about time you got your head out there and took some risks! I didn't give you to Naruto just so you could throw him away when things got complicated. It makes me wonder if we were to start dating, would the same thing happen..."

I got angry and shut my book in his face. He called me like some manic the whole night but I just shut off my phone and my life. I'm doing what is best for me and for Naruto. Sasuke has no say in what we do so he shouldn't have his nose in it.

Not only him, but all my friends told me it's one of the biggest mistakes for my life. I didn't need that crap from them. I'm done being their helpless damsel in distress! I am my own person and I do appreciate them looking out for me and I love them all very much but I needed to get away. None of them will be able to help me through life by controlling it. I need my independence.

Dad got me a new number and transferred me from Konoha High a month later. That's how I ended up in Seoul High School for my junior year and senior year, first year of college and medical school. I even have dual citizenship.

I sighed as I stopped in front of my office. I shouldn't be doing this. I've little to no drama during my time here in Seoul and I appreciate it a lot Seriously though, I was even able to meet some of the hottest stars that Ino would kill to see. I have Bae Suzy's, one of the hottest Korean Pop star/actress, number in my phone actually. She texts me asking for some advice from time to time. I'm a carefree soul who is known as the Secret Satan in the emergency room since I've brought back countless patients from almost impossible conditions. I'm actually acknowledge around here.

Doctor scouting has been introduced to the world two years ago, right when I began my residency. The head of any hospital would look at a doctor/surgeon, 'fall' for them, and transfer them from hospital to hospital. Sort of like bidding among the soccer clubs in Europe. If the doctor/surgeon fits the eye, then bam, you're packing up and leaving.

Since I was only twenty-four, no one was interested in me quite when I first became a resident in in the Emergency Room. Now is a a different story. I'm the highest most wanted scouted doctor/surgeon on the list. In a way, I'm happy but then annoyed with all the constant contract offers given to me which I always turn down with a, 'I love it here.'

I slouched down on my black computer chair. With scouting season in full blow, I have to reject so many contract offers. I glanced at the pile of black folders. I am secretly praying there's some kind of huge emergency I have to be at right now or in the near future.

Adjusting my lab coat, I grabbed a pen and got to work rejecting. Let's see... a hospital in Wales, Russia, Spain, Vietnam, oh! This is a first, even Brazil is trying to get me.

I'm sorry but I like it here in Korea plus you can't get fresh Kimchi in Brazil.

There was a knock at my door, "De."

"Pardon me, Dr. Lee, but may I steal a part of your afternoon?"

American...

I looked up from my signing, surprised that it was the brunette from earlier. Taking a closer look at him, I noticed he had on a gray suit and his eyes a little more at ease than it was earlier.

But there was something on his head caught my attention... to be more exact, a certain way scar running into his hair.

I dropped my pen, my eyes widen, my heart completely dropped into a black hole.

"Van..." I murmured.

~~~~~~~

Oh Snap! First chappy and I'm already leaving you with a cliffy. Well, you're very, very welcome!!!