Nil.

2014.
Kamari & Melanie- 22 years old.

"So here's the deal. Let's say, for interests sake, neither of us are married 10 years from now, we marry each other," Kamari said while she and Melanie sat on the swings in the backyard.

Melanie laughed. "Funny how you think I won't be married by then, but okay. If by then you aren't hopping from one woman to the other and I'm still single, then we can get married."

Kamari stood up and Melanie looked up at her.

"Let's go draw up a contract or something. Just to have this on writing and then we can sign it."

Melanie shrugged her shoulders and followed her. This is crazy she thought to herself.

They reached Kamari's bedroom and luckily the laptop was still on. Kamari pulled up a blank document.

"Okay let's see," Kamari mumbled to herself.

Melanie stood beside her and watched as she typed onto the document. When she was done she printed two copies and gave one to Melanie.

Melanie sat down on the bed and read the contents of the document. She chuckled at the things she included.

"Alright," Melanie said after a while. Kamari gave her a pen and she signed. She gave the paper to Kamari.

"I'll put these away and we know I never forget anything, so I'll probably be the one who has to remind you."

Melanie rolled her eyes, it's not her fault that her memory is terrible. She watched as Kamari put the papers away.

Kamari put out her hand and Melanie shook it.

"It's a deal," they both said.

___

Would y'all make a deal like this, with a close friend?

Please comment, like, and share. Constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.