Thirteen.

Melanie

It's been a week since Kamari's friends arrival and to be quite honest I'm enjoying having them around because frankly, it gets lonely here. Most of the time it's just Lily; Willow and I, then Kamari when she gets home from work.

Haven't heard a single thing from the detective ever since the last time I talked to him. I've just accepted that my one and only lead has disappeared. So it's back to square one.

"So you've always wanted to be an attorney?" Leah asked me as we were all seated around the dinner table.

"Yeah and if it wasn't that, I was going to be a chef. I loved watching crime documentaries and series from a really young age. I just wanted to be like the women and men who put the bad guys behind bars. I also admired my dad and how dedicated he was to his job, in a sense I guess I just wanted to be like him."

"So you never considered being a judge?" She asked

I laughed. "No. I don't want that kind of power, it's not for me."

She nodded and continued eating. I learned that Leah is a GIS specialist, Dani is a clinical psychologist. Nalo works for her aunt; who owns a mine; then Jade & Imani are Kamari's partners. I don't know much about her clubs because I never bothered to ask but they seem to be doing well and are they are legit, wouldn't want to have to investigate my own wife.

"Will you be heading out with us tonight?" Nalo asked me.

"Unfortunately not. I just want to stay in and read. Probably start a series," I replied.

"I know she'll be watching Criminal Minds all over again," Kamari stated.

"Guess Dani will be joining you then. I know my baby had already made her decision when she heard the word read," Leah commented.

I looked at Dani and smiled. We continued with dinner and when we were done, the people going out went to get ready. I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, I was gonna do them myself but I'm tired and I don't want Kamari reminding me that she bought a dishwasher for a reason.

"We are heading out now," Kamari said behind me.

I turned around and looked her over quickly. I appreciate the moments she's not in a suit, today she's dressed casually, like she intends on picking up some women and she got a haircut, you know they don't be acting right when they get a fresh cut.

"Alright, I doubt I'll still be awake when y'all get back. Have fun," I said and she nodded walking out.

I heard cars drive off and I retreated to the living room, getting ready to watch my favourite series from the very beginning.

"Can I join you?"

I looked up and Dani was standing there with a blanket and a bag of chips.

"Yeah sure," I said.

She sat down beside me and opened the bag of chips, putting it between us.

"Something about Spencer's smartness makes me swoon," she said as the episode started and I chuckled a bit.

"It makes him kind of attractive," I responded and she nodded.