three

Setting: Mae's house in Hidden Hills, California

Demi and Jesse never talked about what happened between them

Demi and Jesse never talked about what happened between them. Not because they didn't want to but because they were so busy. Demi worked during the day and Jesse worked during the night. They never saw each other and never took the time to talk about things.

Of course Demi was still hurt by the things Jesse said. That's not exactly something you can just brush off and continue on with life.

As Demi was getting ready for bed they heard the door open. Mae and Maceo were in there rooms and Jesse was on set, so who could it be?

As Demi cautiously walked out of their room and headed for the stairs, trying to stay quiet. They turn the corner to reveal their husband hanging his coat in the hallway closet.

"What are you doing here?" Demi asked.

Jesse was currently directing a new movie starring Zendaya and had to do a lot of night shots. Demi was proud of him, this project was something that he had been wanting to do for a while and now he was finally doing it. Jesse's call time was 7pm and he wasn't off until 6am. It was only 9pm, why is he home?

"Hello to you too, babe" Jesse said walking up to Demi at the end of the stairs and kissing their cheek.

"Z caught a cold and couldn't come." Jesse said, "So we just sent everyone home and gave them the day off."

"Oh that's nice- well, not nice for Zendaya, but I'm glad you have the night off."

For the rest of the night they sat in the kitchen and shared a bottle of red wine. It was therapeutic. They haven't gotten to see each other for the past two weeks because of their crazy schedules. Sitting at the kitchen table laughing and enjoying each other's company was just was they needed.

Although, there was still the elephant in the room. You could feel the tension between as they talked, yet they walked around it. Avoiding any words that would cause them to bring it up.

As Demi took the last sip of their wine, it fell silent between the two. Demi shifted in their seat, feeling the awkwardness between them and their husband. Until Jesse finally spoke up,

"I know you probably don't want to talk about it but-"

"You're right, I don't want to." Demi said interrupting Jesse.

"I know but if we don't talk about it it's just going to get worse."

Demi rolled their eyes because they knew Jesse was right. In the beginning of their relationship, Demi and Jesse never talked to each other, which resulted in couples therapy. After that, they promised to always talk things out when they had a problem.

"You don't have to talk if you don't want to" Jesse said, "but I ask that you listen to me."

Demi nodded, urging him to go on.