twenty-four

Setting: Mae's house in Hidden Hills, California

If there was one thing that Jesse missed the most about sleeping with Demi, it would have to be the way she would quite literally sleep on top of him

If there was one thing that Jesse missed the most about sleeping with Demi, it would have to be the way she would quite literally sleep on top of him. Her head rested on his chest while the rest of her body fell on his torso. Her warm body moved against his as she readjusted herself and nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck, making them as close as possible. He traced circles on her back as she fell back into a deep sleep. This is exactly what he missed. He hated the constant yelling and arguing that was going on between them. He just wanted the love back.

Jesse laid there making sure not to move so he wouldn't wake Demi. If he moved, she would wake up and they would go back to where they were. Sleeping in separate houses and not being able to look each other in the eye. So he cherished this moment, not knowing when it would happen again.

Jesse didn't know how long he laid there, staring at the ceiling, but he felt Demi's breathing pick up against him and that's when he knew that their little moment in paradise was over. Demi pushed herself off of his body and laid next to him. She covered her chest with the bedsheet because she was too exhausted to get dressed after last night. They lay in an uncomfortable silence, not knowing who should speak first or what to say. So they just stayed quiet.

Demi couldn't take the awkwardness any longer so she was the first to sit up and stretch her limbs on the bed. She grabbed her discarded clothes off the floor and quickly threw them on. Before she could get up to go to the bathroom, her phone buzzed and her ringtone rang throughout the room. Checking the caller ID, she quickly grabbed the phone before Jesse could see who it was.

Demi denied the incoming phone call and prepared a quick text to who was calling her. But her actions didn't go unnoticed. Jesse didn't miss how quickly she grabbed the phone and denied the person calling her at this ungodly hour.

"Who's that?" He asked.

"Nobody." She blankly stated. Their backs were facing each other so Jesse looked over his shoulder to find Demi still typing away at her phone. Jesse rolled his eyes, this is what he didn't want. The secrets and the lies that would turn into an argument.

"Really? Who's that?" He asked again. Giving her a second chance, hoping that she would tell the truth this time.

"It's nothing you need to worry about." She brushed him off before setting her phone on the bedside table and standing up. She ran her hand threw her hair before beginning to make her way to the bathroom.

The dinging of her phone is what stopped her in her tracks. She turned around to see Jesse eyeing her phone. It was faced down so he couldn't see who the text was from. She couldn't be sure who it was, but she had a guess and it would be something that he didn't like.