four

I just need a way out of my head.
I'll do anything for a way out of my head.

Setting: Mae's House in Hidden Hills, California

Mae woke up to the smell of pancakes coming from downstairs, she didn't get much sleep

Mae woke up to the smell of pancakes coming from downstairs, she didn't get much sleep. She was supposed to spend the night at Adeya's house but ended up calling her mom at 1 a.m. to pick her up. But Even in the comfort of her own home, Mae could not sleep, her mind would not turn off. Causing her to not fall asleep until 4 a.m.

Mae rolled out of bed and made her way downstairs. As she walked into the kitchen she was greeted by her mother and father.

"Good morning, baby." Demi said.

Mae responded with a head nod, too tired to speak up and greet her mother back. She wasn't one of those people that woke up and was ready to make conversation at 7 in the morning. You'd have to give Mae until the afternoon to be ready to talk to people.

"You look tired, what time did you go to bed last night?" Jesse asked.

Mae shrugged her shoulders, "I couldn't sleep."

"Well how about some pancakes to wake you up!" Demi suggested, placing a plate of pancakes, eggs, and bacon in front of Mae.

They did have a chef that came to their house and made meals for them, but that didn't stop Demi from cooking. Before marrying Jesse, Demi never cooked and when they did it always ended up in the trash.

"Thank you, Mommy."

Yes, she still called her mom "Mommy" at 14 years old, get over it.

Mae ate her eggs, bacon, and half a pancake. As she was rinsing off her plate to put in the dishwasher, she saw Maceo coming downstairs. Memories from yesterday came to mind, after remembering that he lied to her, she couldn't stand the sight of him. The one thing Mae hated the most was liars.

"Sup." Maceo greeted Mae, grabbing a plate and filling it with breakfast.

Mae simply nodded her head and walked away. Deciding that she'll confront him later when their parents aren't around.

"Dad, I saw this sports medicine program at school, I think I'm gonna sign up for it. You know, try something new."

"That's good, I'm proud of you for seeking out and trying new things." Jesse said.

Over the past couple of days, Jesse has been pressuring Maceo about finding a new passion, since he can no longer pursue football. So Maceo has been signing up for clubs at school, trying to find something that sparks his interests.