Chapter 4

I still have a few more chapters that are already written and I'll be uploading them today.  I'm so excited to see that a few people are already reading!  Thanks for the support!

Katy

I worked at a bakery called Sugar Top.  My best friend Kelly Delaney owned it and I’d baked for her since she opened the doors.  I got to work at five in the mornings and stayed until one most days, unless we had a special order.  Which we did on that day.  Of course. 

I’d had weird dreams the night before.  In some Tennessee wanted to kill me.  In other, less fortunate, ones he was content with touching my body until I was on the very edge of the best orgasm ever and then he’d walk away.  I was worn out from a night of unfulfilled passion. 

It was already three in the afternoon and I was putting the finishing touch on a wedding shower cake for one of Kelly’s friends.  I looked up when she came into the kitchen and smiled. 

Kelly was one of my favorite people in the world.  She owned a pink bakery and if you saw her in the storefront she’d be bubbly and happy and so damn sweet that you could get cavities from talking to her.  In reality she was snarky and sarcastic with the insane ability to turn the happiest thing dirty.

She had her short dark hair flying up in all different directions and her dark eyes were made up to look innocent and sweet.  There was even a light pink gloss on her lips.  The pink apron she wore sat over a cute white dress that made her look like some sort of modern princess.

“These fuckers.  Did you hear about the guy Avery checked out?  He wanted her to take the red velvet base and scrape the icing off because he’d prefer plain vanilla buttercream icing… from home.  When she said no he demanded to see me.  So I told him to go kick rocks and that we make gourmet cupcakes here.  We’re not going to scrape off icing and hand him over a Walmart sack of naked cupcakes.  If he wanted to desecrate your cupcakes he should’ve bought them and done the dirty work at home.”

“What kind of sicko puts plain vanilla buttercream on red velvet?”  I was used to Kelly’s rants.  She really loved owning a business and she really loved cupcakes but she really hated customers. 

“I can’t stand this shit some days.  Some dipshit spilled an entire slush from the 7/11 all over the table in the back and didn’t say anything.  It’s a sticky shitshow back there.  God, this cake is cute.  Daren and Sam are going to be so happy with it.”

I took off my gloves and started my clean up.  “I hope so.  Are you going to their party tonight?”

She shook her head.  “I’ve got a date.  The guy I met the other day when I was jogging?  The one with the huge hands?”

I laughed and nodded.  “I remember.  We had a twenty minute debate with Daren about the hand to dick ration being a real thing.”

She gave a shiver.  “Well I plan on finding out about Mr. Jogger tonight.  He was sending some pretty yummy signals the other day.  I already changed my sheets and got everything ready.  As soon as I orgasm I’m calling Daren to let him know that the hand to dick ratio is real.”