Chapter 22

Sorry for the long wait! I finished the book, though! My third novel finished! YAY! I want to go over the last few chapters so I'm not adding it all today but I'll have them up by sometime next week I think.

Katy

Barely five minutes had passed when the pharmacist came back and handed Tennessee my medicine. I tried to force a smile at the guy but I was afraid it wasn't the most friendly I'd ever looked. I was hurting and didn't feel like being nice.

Tennessee sped away after tossing money at the guy. "He was staring at your boobs the entire time."

I laughed so hard it made my face hurt worse. Groaning, I grabbed the bottle of pain killers and took one dry. "Don't make me laugh. Jeez, that hurt. He was not staring at my chest, you ass. He was looking at your very visible gun."

He looked over to where his gun was and his cheeks actually turned pink. "Oh."

I rested my head on the seat facing him and smiled. "You just blushed."

His grip on the steering wheel tightened and he refused to look at me. "No, I didn't. Why don't you try to sleep while I drive? It's not a long drive but it gets a little bumpy so it might feel better if you weren't awake for it."

As much as I trusted him I didn't put it past him to trick me and carry me out of the state and abandon me at some abandoned cow farm. I got it a more comfortable position to watch the road and shook my head.

"I've slept enough. I think I'll stay awake and make you answer questions about yourself."

"No, thank you."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give you the impression that it was a voluntary activity. We're doing this. You know my bra size and the way I shave my bikini area. It's time for me to play twenty questions with you."

Tennessee sighed and tried to turn the radio on. "I know a lot more than the way you shave your bikini area."

I used my good hand to smack his hand away from the radio. "First question. Were you a good kid?"

He didn't answer me for a few minutes. The drive was completely silent because I was refusing to give in. Finally he sighed. "What do you think? I haven't changed much over the years. I was always defiant. I thought I knew best."

I snorted. "Clearly you really haven't changed. Okay. Second question. Any family?"

"Yeah. My parents are still together. They live down in Florida on a house boat. My dad fishes all day while my mom sits down at a beauty salon and gossips. They're happy."

I smiled at him and tried to picture Tennessee following in his dad's footsteps. I had a hard time picturing him doing something as calm as fishing. Unless he was fishing with dynamite.