Chapter 10

Hopefully I'll be able to finish Chapter 11 tonight so I can put it up tomorrow.  I don't want this to be the last chapter I add before Monday.   Thanks for reading!

Katy

After work I went to the mall and spent a chunk of my savings on new clothes and the other necessities I needed.  It hurt my feelings to take away from my Ireland fund but I couldn’t live without clothes.  I’d also bought a tiny little toy motorcycle for Tennessee.  I felt stupid buying a gift for him but I felt really bad for killing his motorcycle.

I talked to my dad on my drive home but he hadn’t found out anything yet.  No one knew anything about why the man wanted me dead.  As far as they knew he just did.  I felt like a sitting duck just waiting for someone else to pop up. 

I’d just pulled into the driveway when a familiar car pulled in behind me.  I let my head fall and hit the steering wheel.  I didn’t need Daniel’s shit right then.  Getting out of my car I left my bags inside for the time being, in case he tried anything and I needed my hands free.

Daniel climbed out of his car and moved over to me with a smile on his face.  “Carter.”

“Daniel.”

He looked down at my shirt and frowned.  “You fucking someone else?”

I crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes at him.  “Are you seriously asking me that right now?”

“You heard me, didn’t you?”

“No matter if I am or not, it’s none of your business, you dickbag.  Remember when I dumped you a while back?  That voided out the ability for you to get to pretend to care what I’m doing.”

He stepped towards me and I stepped back.  “Come on, Carter.  Why do you act like you’re afraid of me now?  I wouldn’t hurt you.”

“Save it, Danny-Boy.  I know you remember scooping me off the ground and carrying me to Kelly’s doorstep like I was your prom night baby.  We both know you have and would hurt me again.”

“You still pissy about that?”

“Fuck yes.  And I will always be pissy about that.  Why are you here?” 

He frowned.  “After I saw you the other day at the bakery I thought maybe you’d want to get dinner with me.”

My mouth fell open.  “You’re kidding me, right?”

He shook his head.  “I can’t stop thinking about that thing you used to do when you rolled your hips into me.”

I nearly gagged.  I can’t believe I ever let him touch me.  “Daniel, go home.  This is a waste of your time.”

“You’ll come crawling back one day, Carter.”

Before he could leave I cleared my throat and took a deep breath.  “Daniel?  Do your guys have some kind of hit out on me?”