[27] October 31st, the Spookiest Day Of The Year

Most of Halloween day was, unfortunately, forecasted to be quite cloudy. A small spell of rain hit in the early afternoon while Ranboo took a break from his classes for lunch, but after it passed, the clouds started to fade bit by bit.

Not that it mattered much since, according to Tommy, the fun of Halloween happens at night, and it was one of those rare years that would see a new moon fall on Halloween night.

A full moon could have been more thematically appropriate, but Ranboo decides that it still fits. Halloween, darkness, the whole vibe fits for his first official Halloween.

It's also the day that Phil and the other adults-- who Ranboo has met, in brief passing, to get snacks during stretch breaks for online classes in the kitchen-- are going to go rescue Dream. He is still alive-- Ranboo had him visit the night before, and they have confirmation of that, and that he's still in the same place.

Which is good.

Which means Ranboo's job is done.

It's taken Phil a while to organize the adults and gather supplies. He doesn't know what for, but at the same time, Ranboo doesn't really care to know. He's done his part of being the messenger, he can let the adults take over and save Dream.

By the time All Saint's Day comes, Dream will be safely rescued. That's all that matters.

The sky officially clears around twilight, just in time as Wilbur parks his car in the driveway of Tubbo's house.

The eldest brother glances at the rearview mirror to look back at them. "You will behave, right, Tommy?"

Tommy is decked out in his entire look. Ranboo is not wearing the mask that goes with his outfit, and he and Techno fixed up a few details of it to make it a little more accurate to the book. Tommy protested it, but it makes Ranboo feel better about walking around looking like an undead Frankenstein's monster.

Frankenstein was, after all, the doctor. And the monster was-- well, it could be argued the doctor was the monster as well, could it not?

"I always behave!" Tommy immediately retorts. "Right, Ranboo?"

Ranboo just looks at Tommy.

"Okay, ouch. Your hesitation just killed me." Tommy grumbles, going to unlock his car door. "Nevermind, shut up."

"I didn't even say--"

"Shut up!"

Wilbur rolls his eyes. "I'll be over at Niki's. You remember the address?"

"It's, like, four houses down from here." Tommy replies with a wave of his hand, already out of the car. His candy bag is a pillowcase he most definitely ripped off someone else's bed. But it's not from Ranboo's so he won't complain.

Ranboo has a random tote bag that Phil gave him before the adults left. It's a reusable shopping bag from the grocery store, decorated with beautiful line art of fruits and veggies. Not spooky, but a nice design.

"Remember the rules?"

"Don't get lost," Ranboo says.

"Don't get into a fight with a little kid." Tommy pauses. "Unless they steal your candy first. Then it's fair game."

"Try and keep Tommy from fighting little kids," Ranboo adds.

"Good." Wilbur nods, and rolls up his window. He gives a curt wave, and pulls out of the driveway.

Tubbo is out of his house in mere seconds, running towards his friends with incredible energy. He doesn't try to be sneaky when he shouts "BOO!" at the two of them.