Chapter 2

Elena

I woke up to yelling. I groaned sitting up and my door slammed open. I gasped but relaxed once I noticed it was only my mother at the door. I guess it was just the neighbors again. There is a couple with two kids who still have sex every single day. My mother comes to me and grabs my arm pulling me off my bed. I groan sleepy, she grabs my chin making me fully wake up.

"Mama?" I asked, confused. "Where were you? I was waiting all night for you and no Elena." She spats and she pushes me back making my head bang against the wall as I fall.

"You're not wearing that to school, right? Honey, I'm saying this because I love you but you are fat and this just makes it clear." My mother said as she picked me up and she smiled. I groan as I feel her hand squeezing my arm tightly. "Mama," I whisper. "You are just a good girl but you need to look pretty. I raised a pretty girl, didn't I?" She looks at me waiting for an answer and now I remember why I hate myself.

I'm ugly.

I'm a loser.

A nerd.

I'm me and that's a bad thing.

I nodded and she smiled. She lets go of my arm and I move it to my side not bothering to see the red mark that's forming. She walks out and I walk towards my bag taking out her pills. "Mama," I called as I walked towards the kitchen grabbing a cup, and filling it with cold water. She walks towards me and I tell her to open her mouth which she rolls her eyes but obeys. I put two pills in her mouth and handed her the glass of water.

She drinks it and I put it in the sink, washing it. I went to my room, showering. The hot water relaxes my tense muscles and I hiss as the water hits my bruise which was forming into a hand mark. I sigh, turning off the water, I wrap a towel around myself.

I put on a black oversize hoodie with black leggings. Hiding every inch of my body. I didn't want people to see me. To see my body, my face, me. They hate me anyway, why not be invisible.

I went out my window not wanting my mother to see me.

~

I walk past the halls seeing everyone beginning to gasp uncontrollably and moving out the way, making me confused. What on earth?

I turn my head to see him. Oh my God.

Shit.

Crap.

Fuck.

He was supposed to be a stranger. Someone, I would never see again and there he is. He knows things I haven't told anyone. He wasn't supposed to show up here and be a student.

Is he a student?

His eyes met mine and I felt like dying. His eyebrows furrowed and he began walking toward me.

No.

No.

Did I say no?

I turn back around walking forward. Don't look back. Don't look back. Don't

look back.

Move your stupid legs, we have to go before we get killed.

I looked back.

In my defense, it was only for a peak. I saw him still walking toward me. He wasn't going to stop, was he? His hand wrapped around my arm pulling me towards him and I bump into his chest. I place my hands on his chest trying to balance myself, I look up into those dark gray eyes and I know I was gone.

"What happened to strangers, hm?" His dark husky voice made me weak in the knees. I heard whispers and looked around to see everyone staring at us. Girls were giving me angry scowl faces. "Can we not do this now?" I asked looking around and he rolled his eyes, he pulled my hands off his chest. He grabs my waist, and turning me around, I gasp.

"Walk." He whispers and his minty breath brings chills down my spine. My feet betrayed me as they walked forward.

How dare you?

He turns my body taking a right leading into my first-period class, English. He opens the door and we walk in, he shuts it closed. I walk towards the teacher's desk keeping a distance between us two.

"What are you doing here, Elena?"

He remembered. My name coming out of his mouth makes butterflies erupt in my stomach. "You remembered my name?" He looks at me with a look I couldn't describe. His eyes were my favorite part about him. The mystery of who he was but the journey that will come to learn everything about him. "I remembered many things but so did you which is my problem." He said.

"I don't even know your name. I didn't think I would see you again, ok." I defended myself. "Yeah, right. You pull this act helping me to what? Find out my weaknesses." He accuses me of taking a step forward, placing his hands on the desk.

"I wouldn't do that. You don't even know me! I'm just a nobody who wants to leave this room. Ok, I'll stay out of your hair." I said raising my hands in surrender wanting to now leave. He sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"What is your name, anyway?" I asked. He looks back at me before he rolls his eyes. "Russo." He said and I gave him a look.

"Your first name. Are we in a Harry Potter movie?" I asked. I love Harry Potter. The best night is when I'm in the living room, binge-watching Harry Potter. All of them.

"Alessandro."

His thick Italian accent says and I almost drooled at the sound. The tone he used was nonchalant, giving no sign that he cared about my well-being. "I'm not following you. I just saw someone in trouble and came to help. That's all."

I cleared my throat as he didn't say anything. "I'm going to...yeah." I make a move to leave. "What's your favorite class in this fucking school?" He asked, making me pause. I was so close.

I turn around to face him and tilt my head confused by the question. "Just answer me." He said and he walked towards me towering over me with his height. He's too tall for his good.

"Dance," I answer and he smirks. He liked that I listened, didn't he? Shit. No dirty jokes, please. My ears.

"I can deal with that." He mumbles and he pulls his hand out and I look at him confused for a moment. He signaled my book bag and I was about to give it to him but I remembered what I had in here. I shook my head and he lifted one perfectly arched eyebrow. He was a masterpiece.

"I have to get to class." I lied. This is the first period. "What do you have in the bag, Elena?" That's none of your business.

I didn't say that though. "What do you want with my bag?" I asked. He rolls his eyes. "Your schedule. Let me see it." He mumbles and I smile. Did he want to know my schedule? Someone who cares about what I have in class or someone who wants to know what class I have?

I unzip my bag, take out my schedule, handing it to him. He skims through it and he looks as if he's making a mental picture in his head. He looked back at me and some baby hairs made their way towards his head making me want to fix it so badly. To feel his hair but I stopped myself before I could do anything.

"I'll see you later." He said before handing me back my schedule and leaving. What. Just. Happened.

A/n: Make sure to vote.