I Can Wait Forever #12

Brianne's POV

Before I could open my mouth to tell Pierre off, his face was in front of mine and our lips were one. I couldn't think, I couldn't push him away even if I tried. I could feel the kiss deepening and I moved in with it. Putting my hand on his chest I clutched his shirt and kept him tight against my body. It seemed like the world had slowed to a stand still. The only thing that mattered was Pierre and I. I felt his tongue tap my teeth seeking entrance, which was gladly given. As everything became more intense, we seemed to glide effortlessly to the bed. Our lips never parted as I collapsed onto the bed, Pierre falling on top of me. All of a sudden there was a knocking at the door. Our lips parted, our breathing heavy, Pierre lied his forehead on mine.

“What!?” I tried to ask, catching my breath.

“Just wondering if you wanted to come shopping.” Seb asked from behind the door.

“Are you serious?” I whispered putting a hand on my forehead as Pierre rolled off and lied beside me. Finally I answered my brother,”Ya just give me a few minutes ok”

“Oh Kay lil sister, hurry up I want to get Christmas gifts.”

“Ya Ya”, I replied softly before I turned towards Pierre.

“What the fuck was that!” I yelled slapping him across the chest.

A smile spread across his face as he turned towards me. “Don't even tell me you didn't enjoy it.”

“That's not the point, i'm mad at you!”

“Didn't act like it.”

“Why would you do that to me Pierre? Why? Honestly?” I asked standing up. I could feel my heart beating faster and my emotions running wild. I knew the tears were going to start and the last thing I wanted was for him to see me like that. Not after all that had just happened.

Before Pierre could answer I threw my hands to my face and ran for my closet and landed in the corner. I could hear him walk towards the closet.

“Brianne?”

“What? Please Pierre just go away. I can't do this anymore.”

“I'll go but first I need to tell you something.”

I waited for the harsh words to slash across my heart.

“I can't get you out of my head. Brianne. Ever since we were younger it's been this way. Your brother is like my brother, but you, you've been different. I've never seen you as a sister, i've always seen you as someone who held my heart in her delicate hands. I've been jealous of every guy who's held your hand, brushed that stray strand of hair from your eyes. Of anyone guy who gets to spend time with you. As a kid you always came to me when you were hurting. When some guy broke your heart you ran to me and it took all I had to not kill him, cause I knew if I hurt them I would only hurt you more. And seeing you hurt was the last thing I ever wanted.”

I threw open the door and looked him in the eyes. “You left Pierre! You left me heartbroken with a family that didn't care. You knew! You bastard you knew because I told you. I told you my parents didn't care and you wiped the tears from my face and you exact words were “Don't worry little sister, we'll be back soon.” And yet you weren't. Seb hurt me only as deep as family could but you, you Pierre made me feel pain I had never felt before. You were my best friend. So don't telling me you can't get me out of your head. Because clearly last night I wasn't in your head, and for the past however many years you had no problem with me in your head!”

Pierre grabbed me by the shoulders and I could see pain in his eyes.

“Listen to me you silly girl! Nothing happened last night. I slept outside your door because I heard you crying. And I tried to find you Brianne I swear I did. I still have every letter you wrote us. I kept them because they were the only piece of you we had. I've kept this damn picture in front of my owns family pictures since the day we took it.” He said ripping his wallet from his pocket and showing me our last photo. He let out a sigh and his face seemed to age right in front of my eyes. “Damnit Brianne I love you, why can't you catch on to that.”

I didn't know what to say. I was feeling so many emotions that it was almost like I didn't know what to feel. I wanted to be angry, I wanted to yell and scream, but I couldn't so I just looked at him and replied, “Everyone says they love me, but saying and feeling is two different things.

Pierre looked at me, then gently ran his palm across my cheek. He then turned and walked towards the door. Before walking out he turned to me and said with such sadness in his voice, “I don't believe that anyone feels the way I do about you now.” He then closed the door behind him. I tried to run to him but my feet were rooted to the floor. I could barely make out the muffled voices of my brother, and Pierre talking in the living room. In the distant I heard another door close and knew it was the front door.