O̴͔̺̬̔N̵̟͒E̸̪̒̄̌

Okay, so, I said the first chapter would be in December, but I said that because I thought I'd take forever writing my 'Christmas Countdown' fic. That fic is nearly finished--aside from some fine tuning--and I thought, "What the heck! Let's post it now!"

I also would've posted this yesterday, (10/31/21), but it was a busy day so I forgot. But, it's here now!

~~~

He blinked his emerald eyes a few times, seemingly confused. One minute, he was in the break room for a glass of water, and the next, he was in one of the small exam rooms re-arranging the disposable scalpels in a small drawer. Bonbell didn't remember how he'd gotten there, nor did he remember the thought around going to perform this seemingly random task. A bit baffled, he turned to leave the room.

Had someone asked him to do that? If so, why doesn't he remember whoever it was asking? It was as if his memory cut off for a few moments--or was it minutes?

Bonbell continued down the clinic's halls, making his way to the front entrance. Dr. Gaster was going to be dropping by to see how things were going in Newer Home's clinic, and the bright blue bunny was intending to show up for his visit—as he always did.

Coming into the clinic's lobby, Bon took immediate notice of Doctor W. D. Gaster already talking with one of the receptionists, and the clinic's head doctor. The three seemed to be having a productive conversation—judging by everyone's demeanors. The bunny approached the three, momentarily forgetting his memory lapse from earlier.

~~~

"Your move." Bon said... While waiting for Fredrick to play a move, a figure appeared in the corner of the bunny's eyes. Quickly looking towards the direction, he saw nothing.

Just to be sure he was only seeing things, Bonbell looked around himself. Maybe he'd see it again. But he didn't, and there wasn't even anyone standing by. "Bon?" ...

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just thought I saw something." And with that, Bonbell looked back down to the board—still feeling like something was watching him.

---

"Is that you, Vix?" She didn't reply...

I'm here. A voice echoed, although to Bon, it sounded like he'd heard it from inside his head—as if it were a thought. "Hello?"

Hello. ... Bon's emerald eyes widened quickly, as his breathing began to increase somewhat. Don't be afraid, I'm nothing to fear. The voice told him.

"Wh-Who are you?" Bon murmured... Someone you can trust. The voice answered. It seemed to sense the confusion the bunny was feeling, as it then said, I know how the company mistreats you all.

"What?"

You see the human guard in the office? ... Bon slowly nodded. Why don't you kill him?

The bunny froze. The world around him began to shrink. He felt as though he couldn't breathe. In fact, he hadn't even realized how he'd fallen to his knees and begun to curl into a ball.

...

...

"... Bonbell!"

"... Wake up!" It was Vixen.

---

The bunny's emerald-green eyes stared back at him from the mirror's reflection. His eyes held a scepticalness, as he slowly looked down to the small bottle of prescription medication in his hand.

Not long after everyone began their new lives in Newer Home, Bon had told T. Fred about how his... 'issue' had been getting worse as of late. The bear had known about the whole thing from nearly the start, as he was the only one Bonbell was comfortable confiding in with this info—as he, like the other 'toys', was close to his older brother.

Fredrick had suggested that the bunny seek professional help. And so, he did—thus the medication.

Bon looked back up to his reflection. For a moment, he could have sworn he could see the faint, and dark silhouette of something just behind him. Well, no more hesitating. He wanted this 'problem' gone. To not have this nagging his every waking thought.

Finally consuming the prescribed dose, Bon closed his eyes. A faint voice—no, the voice—spoke up quietly at the back of his mind. I'll be back. Farewell... for now

~~~

It's been a while since we last spoke, now, hasn't it? The bright-blue rabbit froze, his breath hitching. 'No... no, no!' He thought to himself, trying to keep his distress hidden from those around him. Both Dr. Gaster and Dr. Gill—the lead doctor of Newer Home's clinic—gave him curious looks.

"Are you alright?" Dr. Gill asked, a small bit on worry in his confused tone. Bon was trying to pay attention to the two, despite the small on setting panic.

The voice was back... but, how?! The medication worked! He hadn't heard from it in ages-

I told you I'd be back, don't you remember? "I... I need to..." Bon tried to find his words to form an excuse. "U-Um... excuse me, please...!" And with that, the bunny took of in almost a sprint to the break room.