N̶̗̳̫͐́́I̸̺͉̟͑Ṇ̷̤̖̤̀̚Ẹ̵̙̤͌͝T̷̩̗̐͜͝Ẻ̵͙͈̰̬̐̚E̷̠̜̦̊̽́Ṋ̷͑

It had been a couple days, at least, since any of their captors had come to check in on them. Ever since they brought a weakly Bonbell back to the "cell", Fredrick hadn't heard the basement door ever being opened, or anyone scaling the wooden staircase. He was beginning to wonder if they were now just going to let the two of them starve to death down here? Afterall, it doesn't seem like either one of them were needed anymore. It'd make sense. Didn't mean Fred felt any less uneasy about it.

Sighing, the bear walked away from the metals bars, instead returning to check on his brother. Kneeling down next to him, Fred placed a hand on the bunny's shoulder. "Bon?" He lightly shook him, hoping to elicit some response—even if it were a mere hum. So long as it was something indicating Bon were still alive, he'd take it. "...mm."

"Can you hear me?" A pause. Bon nodded weakly, eyes still shut. "Are you feeling any different, or is it the same as yesterday?" Another pause. Bon's emerald green eyes slowly appeared, as a hand weakly came up towards his chest. For a minute, Fred was worried that Bon was in some sort of pain—he still didn't know what they'd done to him. However, the bunny showed no expression that would indicate that he were in pain, instead, he weakly patted at his chest. Looking as though he were doing something without needing to think. A vague glow could be seen beneath his palm for a moment, before it ceased, Bon's hand falling limp again. "... 'dunno."

"What was that?" Bon didn't answer, eyes falling shut again. The bear patted his shoulder lightly, before sitting down more comfortably next to him. "Well, never mind, I suppose"

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"Oh...! Is that a new puzzle, Captain?" Papyrus curiously asked, placing some paperwork on Undyne's desk. In doing so, he'd noticed a slip of paper that held an odd string of numbers on it. "Huh? What puzzle?" Undyne's gruff tone asked, before Papyrus pointed to it with a gloved hand. "Oh, no Paps, it's not a puzzle."

"Yes well, I thought I'd ask in case you didn't know it wasn't." The skeleton began. "It doesn't look like a puzzle to me." The Guard Captain gave Papyrus a curious look. She then asked, "... What does it look like to you?" The skeleton brought a hand up to his chin, and scratched it in thought. "Is it... co-ordinates, perhaps?"

"You think?" Undyne looked to the piece of paper again, picking it up. Now that Papyrus had mentioned it, the crudely written numbers did look like co-ordinates. "Good thinking, Papyrus." The skeleton beamed a little, before asking, "Where did you get it, Captain? That writing isn't you're font."

"Sophie Grant. She said she found it in her boss's office, but had no clue what it was." Undyne told, before adding, "Then, she also said she had last seen Bon hiding out in the restaurant." Those two pieces of information seemed a bit suspicious. Papyrus gasped. "Undyne! What if that human, oh what's his name- Dale Jenson! What if he had something to do with Bonbell vanishing?" Undyne's eye widened. "Maybe... Okay, Paps, you're coming with me!"

"... What?"

"We're going to ask Jenson some questions, you and I!" Undyne told, putting a hand on her friend's shoulder. "M-Me?" The fish lady nodded. "You figured this out, you're coming with. LET'S GO!" With that, Undyne all-but-dragged Papyrus by the scarf out of her office.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

There had been a lot of pacing and shouting coming from upstairs. Someone was angry. One of the voices that was doing most of the yelling, Fredrick couldn't recognize. It was a new voice. Bon, on the other hand, recognized the voice instantly. It's yelling was what jolted the bunny awake, fully. The bear was stood at the cell's bars, half-expecting someone to come storming down to shout at them, too. Glancing over his shoulder, he looked to his brother. "Are you alright?"

"... I d-don't know." Bon admitted, hugging his legs. "You don't happen to recognize who it is shouting, do you?" The bunny hesitated to answer at first, but he then quietly replied with, "... yes." Fred turned around to face his brother fully, surprised. "... i-it's... the voice." The bear blinked. "The one... you were struggling with?" Bon nodded shakily. Fred stared of for a moment, completely puzzled by this. "Bon... what did they do to you up there?"

"... they-" Before Bonbell could answer properly, they heard one of the monsters stomping down the staircase—a familiar jangling of metal keys sounding with the stomps. The tall, four-armed monster approached them, looking mad and acting frenzied. Fred took a step back as he watched the monster approach. "A'right, listen up!" He began. Using two hands to mess with the keys, he used his others to point threateningly at the two. "We're movin' base, we've been compromised."

"... Ok." Fred simply answered, watching as the monster put the correct key in the whole. Just as he was about to turn it, the shorter monster shouted at him from upstairs. Huffing frustratedly, the taller monster left without thinking, storming back upstairs to help out with covering up their supplies throughout the old house. Fred looked to the door. The key was still in the lock. "Bon?"

"... hm?" The bear continued. "We're getting out of here." Bon looked up, craning his neck to see what Fred was seeing. His eyes widened. "This is our one shot." Fred continued, going to unlock the door. "I'm going to need you to get up, and try not to fall behind, alright-?" He turned around, seeing Bon already standing up. He had a determined look on his face. "O-Okay... let's go!

Opening the door slowly, so as it didn't squeak too loudly, Fred held out a helping hand to his brother. Hooking his arm around one of Bon's biceps to support his weight, the two slowly and quietly left the cell. They still heard all the ruckus upstairs, but it sounded as though everyone had gone up to the top floor to continue trying to scramble all their incriminating evidence together.

Making it to the stop of the staircase, Fred looked out to see if the coast was clear. From the basement door to the front door, there looked to be nothing. Whispering, he leaned in closer to Bon and said, "We've got to hurry." The bunny nodded, willing himself to not completely collapse and become dead weight for his brother to drag. Then, the two began to hurry across the foyer. They were unaware that the taller monster was just in the other room, out of Fred's view, watching them quietly for a second.

As they sped over to the door, the monster then just as speedily—if not faster—ran at them, ramming into Fred. A loud, sickening crack sounded, as the bear's legs buckled from under him, landing him on the ground with a loud cry of pain. "F-Fred?!" Bon exclaimed, also tripping thanks to having been leaning against his brother. Before the bunny could process what had just happened, the monster shouted, "THEY'RE ESCAPING!" Before two of his strong hands clasped Bon's neck, squeezing tightly. Struggling to take in a breath, a fog came over Bon's mind as his eyes began to roll back in his head. Then, darkness.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A.N. The climax is near over, and we're in the final few chapters now! Heheheh~

There'll be no chapter on Wednesday, since I have an exam that day. So, until next weekend! Thanks for reading!