T̴̰̘̣͈̤͑͑͑̍È̷ͅN̴̨̲̹̙̈́̓͋̏̓

A.N. New record on longest chapter so far. Strap in folks, this is going to go dark :} (Oh, and this story hit 100 readers on Quotev—Whoop Whoop!!)

~~~

My, how lucky he'd gotten that day. His walk that had been intended to clear his head—as best as it could be cleared, anyways—got interrupted by a sudden downpour of rain from the sky. And he was caught without so much as a hoodie. The best Bonbell could do, as he walked past grumbling monsters who'd gotten stuck out in the cold rain, was to let his tall ears fall forward in front of his face. It helped keep some rain out of his eyes, but at the cost of being able to properly see where he was going.

  Thankfully, Bon knew where in town he was and decided to try and duck in at his brother's apartment. Even if the bear wasn't home, Bon had a spare key. He knew he was more than welcome to stay until the rain stopped.

As he walked, Bon took notice that his own shadow was barely visible thanks to the clouds blocking out the sun. But, it's shadow was clear as day. Looming over the bunny, it's size seeming to have gotten bigger in the past several days. The shadow had been acting strange as of late. It was less nagging, less bothering. It didn't pester him as often. Bon would find himself to rarely have a lapse in his memory. He'd be happy about that, except, it seemed as though the reason the thing was more quiet, was because Bon felt it to be preoccupied—as if it were scheming something.

What a voice in his own mind could be preoccupied with? What could it even possibly be scheming? Bon lied to himself, pretending he didn't know what it could be. But, if he were totally honest with himself, he would be hoping and praying to whatever existing deity there was that Fred wouldn't be home. Bon didn't know why, but he got a very, very bad feeling from the shadow whenever he was with his brother.

He'd always had, to a degree, but it wasn't an issue back when his medication actually worked like it was supposed to. But as of late, it felt like how it was when he'd been around Chica for the time leading up to when it tried killing her, but oh so much worse than that now.

Bon tried not to shudder at the thought, and continued his trek to the apartment building—that was coming into view.

~~~

"Ah, I see the rain caught you!" Fred noted, as he let a shivering Bon inside—who B-lined to the bathroom to get dried off with a towel. "Y-Yep...!" Bon called back, throwing the first towel he could grab a hold of onto his head. "It's funny how quickly the weather can change. It was so lovely out earlier."

"Y-Yeah..." Bon replied shortly, managing to dry himself off a bit more. Leaning in the bathroom doorway, Fredrick simply watched his brother shakily dry off. The bear's quiet hum went unnoticed. "Do you need anything to be dried?" Bon shook his head 'no' as he hung up the towel where he'd gotten it. "You're still shivering. Would you like some tea to warm up?"

"S-Sure..." Bon answered, watching Fred turn to head to the kitchen. Leaving the bathroom himself, Bonbell instead went into the living room. The bunny slowly walked up to the nearest window and simply stood by it, watching every drop of rain that fell slide down the pane of glass.

Bon was nearly lost in thought, when white glowing eyes were suddenly staring back from his oddly dark reflection. He blinked his emerald eyes a few times, and was then met with his real reflection. The shadow had now moved to his peripheral vision, not even looking at him anymore. It was looking at... at Fred. Bon quietly gulped nervously, as the whispering from his dream of a few nights ago suddenly sounded in his ear.