T̴̛̰̰̘͔W̵̗͐E̴̘̪͇̾̆L̷̛͕̟̎͗̂̿V̷̠̯̤͇̋̕ͅE̷͈̒̂

A.N. We've made it to the section of the book where I'm checking off each part of the 'Teaser' from the very beginning of this book :3

~~~

Stifling a yawn, the bunny nuzzled his face into his pillow as his phone rang from his bedside table again. For the past several days—or was it weeks?—missed calls and unread texts began piling up on his phone. The messages all ranged from, "Hey, how's it going?" or, "Need to talk?", to even, "Haven't seen you in a while. Hope you're alright." They all went ignored.

During all that time, Bonbell simply kept himself shut off from everyone, barely in a state to carry even the most casual of conversations. Whatever time wasn't spent in a memory lapse—which at this point, Bon was hardly keeping tabs on—was spent with him simply laying on his still-made-bed. Laying on top of the covers, not feeling deserving of being kept warm by the soft blankets.

The shadow seemed to be more quiet, and would taunt the bunny less. It seemed to decided that... this, was torture enough at the moment. The thing hardly had to do anything more to so much as add a cherry on top. However, that didn't mean Bon was left with just overbearing silence. The whispers. They still came and went, the shadow seeming to be part of the unintelligible conversations as always.

Once upon a time, Bonbell actually wondered who on earth it was speaking to, and what they were all going on about. But not now. Now, Bon didn't care. Not about the whispers, not about his wellbeing... he just did not care anymore.

The some days, he'd hear a knock at the door, or someone ringing the doorbell, but Bon would remain quiet and not answer it. After being given enough time, whoever would be at the door would give up and leave. This happened seemingly every other day. It came to a point, where his visitors would speak up, trying to get Bon's attention. He was never seen about in town, so everyone came to the conclusion that he was home, just not answering.

Some days it'd be Vixen, or Toy, or both, others it would be Puppet either by himself, or even with Ballora. There was even a day where Freddy dropped by with Springtrap, of all people. It probably was a safe idea to have ignored when those two came knocking, as the gruff bunny probably would've beat some semblance of sense into him—unless held back by Freddy.

For the first time in what felt like years, Bon's emerald eyes slowly looked up to his alarm clock. The clockface read 11:36AM. He had no clue what could have possibly compelled him to do so, but Bon slowly got up and wandered out of his room—all-but-dragging himself along as he did.

~~~

"You sure 'bout this?" Bonnie asked, as his eyes met Toy's once more. "Yes..." She answered, sounding a little unsure. Looking towards the house, she repeated her answer again. "Yes, I'm sure." Toy sounded more confident than the first time. "Vix and I haven't heard from him for a while, and I... wanna make sure he's okay, y'know?"

"I understand," Bonnie began. "And you're sure you're okay goin' yourself?" Toy nodded. "I just think... it'd be better if I talked to him myself. You stay out here, alright?" Smiling a little, the bunny nodded. Pressing a kiss to her forehead, he answered, "A'right, I'll wait." Toy smiled a little too. "Thanks."

Bonnie then stood back and watched as Toy made her way up to the front door. Walking up onto the step, she closed her hand into a fist and knocked. There was no reply at first. "Bon?" She called. "I know you're home!" The chicken was unaware that her brother was actually listening to her this time. "Can I come in? Please?"

Still no answer. "I miss you...!" Silence still. "I miss... my brother." Bon's breath hitched a little, a small bit of guilt hitting him. Guilt that was different than what he'd been dealing with since Fred's... It was selfish of him to ignore his sisters the way he had. In a sudden moment of clarity, the bunny slowly went to grab the doorknob. Toy's eyes widened a little as she watched the door open a crack. "Bon?"

"... Yeah?"

"Can I come in?" The bunny gave her a hesitant look, before relenting. Toy came inside, as her brother closed the door. "Hey." She simply greeted, earning a quiet 'hi' from the other. "I just, um, wanted to see how you were doing, I guess." Toy explained, as Bon crossed his arms before himself in a guarded manner. "We've... hardly seen you since the funeral, and, well, y'know..."

"... Oh." Toy sighed. "It's... been a month." Her tone was low, so as she could keep it steady. "And, honestly, Vix and I are worried about you." His emerald eyes seemed to be staring right through her as she spoke. "I know... it hurts." Toy began, bringing her hand up to place on his shoulder. "It hurts us, too." She paused, noticing the way Bon seemed to flinch away from her touch.

Toy continued to say more, but once again, Bon's attention was pulled away from what she was saying to him. It was looming just behind her, large, shadowy hands slowly coming to clasp around Toy's neck. His emerald eyes slowly began to widen, as that moment of clarity was now coming across as a moment of weakness. Bon suddenly remembered why he was avoiding everyone, now. To avoid having what happened to Fredrick, and what almost happened to Chica, happen to anyone else he knew or was close to.

"Bon?" The bunny blinked, looking to Toy. She'd glanced over her shoulder when she noticed how intently her brother was gazing behind her. "What're you looking at?" She slowly asked. "I- Um, n-nothing...!" Bon stuttered, not at all placating Toy's confusion. "L-Look, you need to go." He suddenly said, feeling his attention span beginning to wane. "Why? What's the matter-?"

"Please, go." Bon begged, going to open the door again. "Bon?" The bunny shook his head a little. "Listen, I'm glad you stopped by, but you c-can't stay." Toy's look of confusion changed to one appearing more upset. Putting a more firm grip on her brother's shoulder, Toy caught his gaze again. "Don't shut us out, Bon."

He said nothing to that, giving his sister a sad look. Next thing he knew, Bon was pulled into a hug. "I love you." Toy told, before leaving as she'd been asked. Bon shuddered a sigh as he closed the door. He then slid down onto the floor once the door had been locked.

Bonnie watched as Toy came back down the walkway. Her shoulders were more slouched than they had been earlier, making her look upset again. "How'd it go?" She said nothing, merely coming to cling at her husband's side. "... J-Just... w-wanna go home." She quietly told. Bonnie said nothing more as he wrapped his arm around her and began walking back to their house—fuchsia eyes casting a glance back towards Bonbell's place.

~~~

A.N. Even though this was a little longer than last chapter, it still felt like a short for some reason? Heh, oh wells. Catch you next weekend, reader!