S̴̭͚̙̩̏́͐̑̉Ē̴̩̻̪̉́̀̊V̴̻̰̮͓͚̌̆̏́̕Ḙ̸̥̭̽N̸̺̞̭͕̔̚

A.N. I felt so bad about last chapter. It ended up seeming like less of a cliffhanger, and more of an "oh crap, that happened!" I hope ya'll can forgive me. (Especially the diehard Freddica fan friends of mine :,>)

~~~

Bonbell was visibly hunched over as he walked—as though he were carrying a backpack of cement blocks on his back. He didn't take notice of the occasional curious glances from the monsters he walked by. The shadow was nearly consuming his every thought and emotion as he walked. The bunny didn't even know—nor did he care—where he was going, just that his feet were taking him somewhere. (He'd probably end up at his brother's place, again.)

The shadow was angry. Bon thought he knew what it was like when angry before this, but he realized he didn't even have the faintest idea of how this thing was when angered. The shadow's anger itself was terrifying. It felt so overbearing, hence why the bunny's posture was so physically hunched. But what made it worse, was why the shadow was angry with Bon.

The bunny had—for pretty much the first time—regained control of himself during another one of his 'episodes'. He'd been so desperate for some kind of solution to his episodes of memory lapses, that he'd finally managed to will himself to become aware, become in control, again. Just in time too, because when he came to, he was standing over a terrified look Chica, and holding a knife in her chest.

It had tried to kill her, and he'd stopped it. Not only had he stopped it, he called an ambulance to come help her. That was the nail in the coffin. Something told Bon, that the shadow wouldn't have been as angered and overbearing had he left her there to bleed out instead. It probably would've seemed highly inconvenienced, at the least, for loosing control over the bright blue bunny.

It being angry because of that was all-the-more terrifying. That meant the shadow was trying to control him to do terrible, awful things. Which, in turn, meant he was dangerous. Bonbell couldn't trust himself around anyone, for fear of hurting them. What was he supposed to do now?

I don't care how I do it, The shadow began again. Bon did his best to ignore it's voice as he turned his attention to his footsteps—counting them as he went. But you will learn to not do that ever. Again. The bunny quietly scoffed. Like he was going to let this thing tell him what was what. The shadow's already overbearing presence suddenly became heavier in response. Mark. My. Words. Bonbell. Bon felt a shiver run down his spine.

~~~

Her senses all seemed to be numb, yet she felt as though she were standing on air. Slowly and warily, she opened her violet eyes. There was nothing but white surrounding her. Her yellow-feathered arms came up, reaching for anything possibly unseen surrounding her. Nothing. She was unsure what to think before something caught her attention.

"Start chest compressions, STAT!"

Something bright and even more white caught her eye. She looked towards what it was. It was a bright light. Her violet eyes widened a bit, a small smile forming on her face. She didn't think about the fact she couldn't hear, or feel, her feet hitting whatever ground there was as she began walking towards the light. It seemed so inviting, and comforting—as if it were drawing her towards it.

"Get the crash cart!"

She gladly continued to approach the light. But she paused, suddenly sensing that something felt off. Her steps faltered, as she simply stared forward trying to figure out what it was. It felt as if there was another presence with her, something feeling opposite to the warm and comforting aura of the light.

Her head slowly turned to look about, trying to figure out what felt wrong. Once she turned to look behind herself, was when she noticed him.

"Clear!"

In the distance, she could see what looked to be her husband—Freddy. His form was all-but-curled into a ball, face down on the ground. His hands were atop the back of his head, hiding it, and he was visibly shaking. She could hear the bear's loud sobs even from how far away she was standing. Sobs of grief and pain.

Her own breath hitched at the sight. She'd never in her life seen her husband look so... broken.

Looking back towards the light a moment, realization dawned upon her. She couldn't. She couldn't leave, not like this. Just imagining what that would do to her loved ones broke her heart. She couldn't do it. She looked back towards Freddy, her feathered cheeks feeling wet and warm. She herself was crying at the sight of the bear before her. Her feet were moving again, this time however, back towards her love.

In what felt like no time, Chica was knelt down at his side. She took his arms, and gently placed them on her shoulders. Then, she wrapped her own arms around his chest and snuggled against him—just as the bear loosely tightened his hold on her.

Something still felt wrong. Her eyes were telling her she was wrapped in her husband's embrace, but it didn't feel right. This wasn't what a hug from Freddy felt like. Chica looked up to the bear, realizing this wasn't real. She wouldn't be able to have the real thing unless she woke up. Her eyes fell again.

"Again!... Clear!"

~~~

A loud gasp was heard, as the patient suddenly bolted upright. Gasping for air quickly turned into hyperventilating, as she began to panic—having no sense of her surroundings.

Chica didn't know what was happening. She was in an unfamiliar place, she was in pain, and she was disoriented. She heard many voices around her, as hands came to help coax her into laying back down, but her response was to do anything but. Loud machines were blaring right in her ear. The chicken tried to speak, but there was something down her throat preventing her to do anything but take short breaths.

After what felt like an eternity of struggling, and of panicking, Chica finally laid back down. However, she was still anything but calm. The entire time, she'd been trying to utter who it was she wanted—who she needed—but to no avail. Her panicking slowly came to a stop when someone familiar finally rested a hand on her shoulder.

"You're alright, I'm here." Her vision was blurred thanks to the tears in her eyes, but when she felt them being wipe away, her violet eyes landed on sapphire ones looking down at her worriedly. She weakly smiled, finally feeling her breaths slow to a normal pace. "Freddy..." The bear gave her a relieved smile, and moved his hand to her forehead. "I'm here."

~~~

A.N. The next chapter might be out soon, it might not. I won't say anything indefinitely otherwise I'll just contradict myself again lol. This felt too oriented on Freddy and Chica, but like, idc. I had this seen in my head and wanted to write it, so here you go. I'll have to keep it fair and throw in other chapters oriented around other side characters other than Bon and Shadow, like other people who get effected similarly, just to stretch this out and create more ✨drama✨ We'll see how well that goes lol

Anywho, have a great 24-hour period and drink you some water and/or choccy milk (◡‿◡)