F̷̬̟̿̇͋͊͝I̸̢̯̙̬̿͒̆̋ͅF̷̬͖͈͗͒͝T̴̼͚̔E̴̻͙͆̈́̈́̈́͝E̶̫͍̻͉͓͗̋̀Ń̴̛̮̲͝

A.N. Prepare for momentary wholesomeness~

~~~

A moment of clarity. No, a moment of weakness...

Clarity.

Weakness.

Clarity.

Weakn̷͔̒e̷͖͌ş̴͆s̸̚͜.

Whatever it was, Bonbell didn't care. Even if it meant some sense had come over him, he'd take it. Whatever this was compelling him to try and act on his problem one more time. If Fredrick were here, he would've been the voice of encouragement, of reason, compelling him to do what he was doing now.

"Bonbell?" Everything still felt a bit fuzzy, but a voice pulled the bunny from his trance. He looked about, seeming to have forgotten what he was doing. Right. He was at the pharmacy, waiting on his re-adjusted-prescription that was being filled. "Uncle Bon!" A second voice called. Bon looked over, and saw Vixen with her twins. The kids looked happy to see him, showing visible restrain in not tackling him with hugs, while Vixen looked surprised to see him out in public for the first time in over a month.

"O-Oh, hey." Bon quietly greeted, looking to Vixen. He tried to mask his nervousness, as he hadn't heard anything about Puppet telling anyone what had happened. Even if it had now been a week prior. His sister blinked. "It's good to see you out of your house." She commented, her surprised look turning into one of relief. Bon gave a shrug, forcing a small smirk. "Um... how've you... been?"

"We're good. How about you?" Vixen saw her brother's gaze fall in response. That was fair. She couldn't expect him to go back to his old self overnight. Seeing him out of the house was just the first step. A thought came to her. The mother looked down to her children. "You know what, you two?" The twin foxes looked up. "I think your Uncle could really use a hug from you guys."

"Aye aye!" Jessie cried, as she ran up to Bon first. He barely had the time to react as his niece wrapped her arms around his waist, but he soon crouched down to hug her properly. Junior followed suite, wrapping his own arms around his uncle. Bon's forced smirk subtly turned into a sincere smile, as he simply relished the moment, holding his niece and nephew. Vixen smiled at the sight, somehow able to tell the good this was doing for Bon. In truth, it also did her own heart some good.

The moment was interrupted when the monster at the counter called Bonbell's name. Breaking away from the hug, the bunny ruffled the twins' tuffs of fur on their heads, before standing up. "Okay, you two, we gotta get going." Vixen told, approaching the three. She looked to Bon. Giving him a hug of her own, she told, "Take care of yourself, okay?"

"I... I will." Bon semi-promised, before Vixen pulled out of the hug. The bunny then turned his attention back to why he was there in the first place. Vix smiled, walking off with the twins to go purchase the fur accommodating band-aid's she had grabbed from a shelf.

~~~

Returning home, Bon found himself to still be smiling. He was having a small moment of bliss. It almost felt as though there was nothing wrong. Nothing wrong with the world, nothing wrong with his family... nothing wrong with him. He glanced down to his prescription. If only a simple hug like that could just 'make him better'. The bunny sighed, closing his front door and locking it.

It's never that simple. Bon mumbled a 'shut up'. It snickered, seemingly amused. And just like that, his moment of bliss was gone. Now, Bon could tell that it was 'sat back', watching as he went to the bathroom—where the medicine cabinet was. Turning on the room's light, the bunny read the label of his prescription, seeing what dosage he was meant to take, and when. He then took a dose, before putting the bottle away in the cabinet.

This had to work. It was his last resort. Bon had been told when he asked for his medication to be re-adjusted, that they wouldn't adjust it again after this without re-evaluating him. He couldn't do that. Things were too... complicated for that. But, it needed to work this time. He couldn't continue the way he was going. Go on, then. Keep lying to yourself.

It would work. It had to work... It needed to... It will... r̸i̴g̷h̷t̷?̸

Another snicker, as Bon went to find something to do to hopefully occupy his mind. Surely, he had a book somewhere that wasn't on just medicine. That was his new objective for the day. His new distraction. Find something entertaining to read, and ignore the voice. Ignore the guilt. Just... ignore everything for now. At least, until the medication kicks in.

Ignore everything.

~~~

It was dark. Cold. Dirty. He'd finally lost count of how long he'd been held up in this cage, for lack of a better word. The last memory of when he'd either eaten, or had something to drink was becoming fuzzy, indicating how much time must have elapsed since then. Not that the scraps he was fed were really much to begin with. Just enough for him to be kept alive, which was an odd thing...

He was stood up again, having gotten tired of sitting on the hard, concrete ground. He stretched his leg, as best as he was able to, by slowly walking about the small space of 'freedom' he had. He couldn't complain too badly, as his captor's could've very well chained him to a wall instead. It would've been just as effective.

Walking up to the metal bars that had were beginning to rust, the bear glanced to two of his captors who were just nearby, backs turned to him as they spoke to each other. They were both monsters, but not any he'd ever seen in town before. Among his abductors, was also a man—who he assumed to be human—working with the monsters. It was hard to tell, as he was always wearing a dark, overshadowing cloak and gloves. The guy sounded significantly aged, but that was all he could go off of.

"Why am I here?" His tired, English voice nearly lacked it's once calm demeanor, his emotional resolve stretched thin. He'd asked this question before, figuring that if they were probably going to kill him anyways, they might as well tell him why they'd abducted him in the first place.

The prisoner saw one of the two monsters angrily clench all four of his hands, before sharply turning to face him. "ENOUGH OF YOUR QUESTIONS!" The bear's ears flinched back at his suddenly loud voice. The other monster shook his head a little, finding the other's reaction somewhat overdramatic, as the question hadn't been asked yet that day. "We can make your stay here utter hell, do NOT test us!"

The bear said nothing, and simply took a small step back from the bars. The monster approached him, coming right up against said bars. "Don't expect any meal today, you've lost that privilege!" He closed his diamond blue eyes, and pointed his head downwards. The monster wanted to say more, but refrained himself. He and his colleague had things to do. The two walked off, leaving the cellar.

Their prisoner simply returned to sitting against the brick wall, left to go hungry again while reliving memories with his family in his mind's eye. His only method to remain sane through this whole ordeal. The bear shuddered a sigh and buried his face in his hands.

~~~

A.N. Heheh! How's that for a lil' tease! Stay tuned for next Wednesday's chapter, S̴̩̦͝E̴̲̺̭̝̖͊̈́͝V̴̰̍̐̐͜Ḙ̶̓̄N̸̢̡̖̘͖̏T̷͇͊̈́́̓͜Ȩ̷̫̗̬͆͗͝Ḗ̶̤̲̈́Ǹ̴͕̹́͒̈́̀, where I reveal this 'new' character's identity~