S̴̡̨̮̭̥̃I̷̖̅X̶̯̰̬̦̙̏́T̴̡͇̈́̔̔̌E̷̙̘̩̳̱̋́̉E̴͈͋N̵͚̮͊̓̇̍

Art by Kitty_Toast once again~

~~~

*Trigger Warning: Contemplation of suicide*

  The last time he'd left his house, it had been a good thing. Going out and acting on his problem. While out, he'd had a run-in with his sister, and his niece and nephew. That trip out of the house had done him some good for the rest of the day, almost. A week had passed again since that last time, and he hadn't left again since. Now, he was going out again, but for a different reason.

Bonbell's demeanor, both physical and mental, were as if he had the weight of everything on his shoulders. It felt as thought the shadow was suddenly a physical being, weighing the bunny down as he walked. The sun was already setting, but even if it were high in the cloudless sky, everything would still feel utterly bleary to him.

Eventually, the bunny came up to his destination. A long footbridge that connected at the thinner part of the river dividing Newer Home. It was less commonly used, monsters opting instead to use River Person's boating services. That meant this wooded area was more quiet, less traffic of people. Bon walked up to the wooden and metal railing, looking down into the water.

It was then he realized his face was beginning to feel a bit wet. Looking down, the bunny pulled his hand from his sweater pocket. He'd brought the now-empty prescription bottle with him, not entirely sure why. For a long minute, Bon simply stared at the bottle. A memory suddenly came to mind.

***

He placed the small prescription bottle onto the counter. "It's not working."

"... What?" Fredrick gave his brother a slightly concerned look, picking up on why the bunny seemed distressed. Bon's emerald green eyes looked up to him. He gestured to the bottle. "I-It's not working, Fred!" Bon repeated, his voice slowly raising. "It's supposed to stop the voice, but it doesn't work anymore!" Taking a step closer to him, the bear placed a hand on his shoulder in a calming manner. "Don't panic. You've absolutely nothing to panic about!"

"But...!"

"It'll be alright." The bear told him, his English tone sounding so certain, so calm.

***

After getting his meds adjusted, again, Bon had managed to finally have one single normal day. He'd gotten his hopes up. Had this really worked? Was this coming to an end? Maybe he'd finally be able to try going back to his 'new normal' way of life, to finally learn to keep going even without his brother. But, that whole possibility came crashing down when it's pesterings and manipulation returned, somehow even stronger than before.

With tears streaming down his face, Bon angrily threw the empty prescription bottle into the river. "I told him... they weren't working anymore..." The effectiveness was bound to wear off sooner or later. The bunny let out an angered yell at the voice, demanding it 'shut up already'!

Ignoring the bottle that was being carried away by the gushing stream below him, Bon leaned over the side of the railing. Even though it wasn't the widest part of the river, the cold water still gushed rapidly. The footbridge was built above the more rockier part of the waters, meaning that if one fell in, it wouldn't be unlikely that they would be rendered unconscious if their head were to hit one of the rocks. And if one is in the water while unconscious, then the possibility of drowning increases greatly.