𝟗𝟎 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞

"𝙄 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙇𝙚 𝙁𝙖𝙮!" 𝙎𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝘽𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙭 𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙮'𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮, "𝙄 𝙆𝙄𝙇𝙇𝙀𝘿 𝙊𝙋𝙃𝙀𝙇𝙄𝘼 𝙇𝙀 𝙁𝘼𝙔!"

Her laugh cut through him like ice, so cold and sharp that it numbed him to the pain he was about to put her through — all he could hear was his blood thumping in his ears and his breath heaving in his chest, every moment that passed was another moment where she was here and Phee wasn't—

Oh god Phee—

Even has he ran after Bellatrix he could still hear Remus' anguished wails bouncing around him, haunting him of his failure.

"You coming to get me? You coming to get me?!" she taunted him, as she danced through the atrium, "You can't stop me, Potter!" Harry hot on her heels as he raised his wand.

"CRUCIO!" Harry yelled, as a jet of red light spat out of the tip of his wand, catching Bellatrix off guard as she crashed into the marble floor — her wand flying way out of her reach, she rolled over, laughing still.

"Oh she really did mean a lot to you... didn't she?" She cackled heartlessly, "Did I get two birds with one stone— are you dying inside after knowing you were the one to bring her here, to parade her to her death...?"

"YOU KILLED HER!" Roared Harry, his wand spitting sparks out at her that singed the parts of the fabric it landed on. "CRUCIO!"

"I only gave her what she deserved - what she had coming to her-!" but Harry didn't let her finish her sentence as she erupted into scream of agony, she writhed on the floor as the red electricity shot through her entire body, licking at her skin, yet Harry didn't care -- it was nothing in comparison to the blood staining his hands, or more -- whose blood it was. "She might have been safe to walk away had you handed over the Prophecy... if you give it me now, I might be able to tell you an anti-curse that could save her-!"

"Too late." said Harry shallowly, "For you, and for the prophecy-!"

"What are you talking about?" whimpered Bellatrix, at the mere thought of failing her master had brought her onto her knees, "Show me the Prophecy!"

"I can't, I smashed it!" said Harry with an almost broken laugh as he watched the horror settle into her maddened eyes, the fear.

"You lie!"

"How's Voldemort going to like that?" tormented Harry vindictively, "You've failed him, and he's not very forgiving, is he?"

Bellatrix lets out a shriek of horror, as she curled into a ball on the floor, she looked almost childlike as she cried out fearfully, "Forgive me, Master! I tried! I -- !"

"He can't hear you from here, you know!" Harry yelled at her.

"Can't I, Potter?" a cold unforgiving voice asked him, Harry didn't realise his stomach could sink any further tonight, with red swollen eyes he turned on the spot to see Voldemort standing there in all of his glory with his wand raised, his eyes glaring down at Harry as though he was a bug beneath his shoe, yet Harry doesn't move another inch -- he's frozen in place by the horror of it.

"So you smashed my prophecy..." said Voldemort, his eyes glanced down to Harry's bloody hands and sleeves, "Ah... at least one task has been completed, the girl is dead is she not?"

"Slain by myself master, I used a silver dagger to stake her true and good--! Just as you instructed me to!" proclaimed Bellatrix proudly, Voldemort seemed satisfied with the news but it didn't shave an inch of his fury towards her.