Chapter 8.

── ・ 。゚☆: *

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

         "The data confirms Finn's report....they've somehow created a hyper lightspeed weapon built within the base planet itself" Poe addressed the gathering of other resistance fighters in the main control hangar. All eyes were fixed on the massive holographic display projecting an intricate scan of the star killer base, as they collectively pored over their next strategic move.

"A laser canon?" Someone from the crowd questioned

"It's another Death Star" someone else chimed in

"I wish that were the case, this was the Death Star" Poe said pulling up a image of the old imperial weapon "and this is Star killer base" he then pulled up the massive image of the new weapon. It was ten times bigger than its predecessor.

"So it's big" han said nonchalantly crossing his arms.

"How does that thing even gain power?" A pilot asked from the crowd

"It draws power from its sun" Finn spoke up "when the weapon is charged the sun is drained until it disappears"

"Well we better act fast, they're charging the weapon up now" Leia said pulling up more data "and our system is the next target"

"Okay so how do we blow it up" Han's statement was met with a collective gaze of incredulity, as if he had just proclaimed the most absurd thing anyone had ever heard. "there's always a way to do that"

"Hans right" Leia's said. Her gaze was directed at Han, who was staring back at her with an endearingly childish grin plastered on his face, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"in order for it to have that amount of power, the base has to have some kind of thermal oscillator" Poe chimed in, his thoughts whirling as he attempted to formulate a plan, his underlying motivations differing from the rest of the group's.

"There is one. Precinct 47" Finn said pointing to a spot on the holo scan of the base's map "here"

"If we can destroy that oscillator, it might destabilize the core and cripple the weapon, maybe even the planet" Leia's face brightened with a smile, her expression reflecting a growing sense of optimism as she began to feel more confident about their chances.

"We'll go in and destroy that thing" han said looking over at chewie who gave him an enthusiastic growl.

"That would be great and all but they have shields that your ships won't be able to penetrate" finn spoke up

"Alright, so we take out the shields," Han said, turning to Finn with a questioning gaze, "You used to work for them, kid. Can you handle the job?"

"I can do it," Finn replied after a brief pause, "but I'll need to be on the planet's surface to make it happen."

"I'll get you there" Poe and Han chimed in unison, their simultaneous response was followed by a brief, knowing glance at each other before they both turned to Leia.

"Poe, I need you in the sky" Leia said, her voice firm but her eyes betraying a hint of apology, as if she knew her next words would be met with resistance.

"Respectfully no General, I'm taking Finn and going after Alora," Poe said, his determination evident. "...We have to find her before we blow the place up Leia " Poe said sounding a bit desperate.

"Trust me kid we'll get her out of there" Han said, his gaze directed at Poe, who seemed primed for a fight, his fists clenched and his eyes blazing with intensity. "I want her back just as much as you do" His eyes shifted to Leia, who met his gaze with a gentle, sorrowful smile.

Finn stepped up and put a hand on Poe's shoulder "don't worry, she's got a better chance with you up there anyhow" he said, offering a nod of encouragement. Poe responded with a subtle, appreciative smirk, his eyes conveying a silent "thanks" for the support.

"Han how do you plan on doing all of this" Leia spoke up eyeing the man curiously

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it"

As the room cleared, Han made a beeline for the Falcon, accompanied by Finn and Chewbacca, to start the engine and plot their course. Chewie worked on fixing the ship's damaged sections, while Finn stocked up on weapons and provisions, preparing for their mission.

"You know, no matter how much we fought" Leia said, her voice coming from behind Han, causing him to turn and face her, "I've always hated watching you leave"

"That's why I did it, so you'd miss me" Han said, his face creasing into a charming smile as he gazed at the woman who held his heart.

"I did miss you"

"It wasn't all bad though was it? Huh? Some of it was.." Han smirked as memories flashed through his mind "good"

"Pretty good" she smiled playing into it

"Some things never change" he said, his voice low and tender, as he encircled her waist with his arms, drawing her near.

"True, you still drive me crazy" she said, her eyes locking onto his for a brief, intense moment, before he swept her into a passionate, all-consuming embrace.

"Bring her home..... bring them both home" she whispered the silent plea into his chest, her voice was barely audible but her desperation was palpable.

Han then pressed a tender kiss to Leia's forehead, then turned and strode purposefully towards the ship's entrance.

"Han I love-"

"I know," Han said, cutting her off with a smile as he turned to face her. With an encouraging nod, he turned and boarded the ship, followed by Finn. And then they were off, soaring into the sky, bound for a mission that seemed almost impossible to accomplish.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋄✧