☆𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 6☆

key:
(f/b) means favorite breakfast food.

y/n pov

i walked outside only to see it darker than usual, it hit me, it's still 5 am. not knowing what to do, i got some clothes for cheap. this way i had options, not just casual wear and that hero getup. in the end, it was still just 6 am. i was really cold, but i couldn't just visit him, he might be sleeping.

taking a stroll around the city, i saw several darkners even though it's early in the "morning". as i look around, the sky brightened up. it was still pitch black, but the city was brighter at least. i helped a few virovirokuns float around, as apparently even they can trip due to them constantly sick on viruses. i even helped a few pop-ups hide in their stations for today. i guess pop-ups don't attack when they aren't in position.

i checked the time, only for it to be 7 am. Swatches cafe is open at this time, so it wouldn't hurt to get some coffee for both Spamton and I. plus it would be nice to sit down for a while. once again, i walked to the castle. this time i went to the cafe on the ground floor, and i was met with quite a lot of the castle residents being served. such as Tasque Manager and the few people who lives in the castle. naturally i only know Swatch, but that was only because of the brief "conversation" we had.

a swatchling quickly saw me at the entrance and came to sit me down, even for just opening they're still pretty busy. i looked at their breakfast menu, and i got (f/b) with a hot coco to hopefully warm me up more. while the waiter was walking away, Swatch came up to my table. in a calm tone, they said,

"Pardon the intrusion, I am Swatch. You remember me, correct?"

i simply nodded my head, and they sat down at the same table as me. they lead the conversation as he continued talking,

"My apologies for getting straight to the point, valued customer, but have you heed my warning?"

"ah, you mean the the thing about the robot? then yeah, i haven't touched it. i do have to ask, why is it so important?"

"It is only natural that you would ask this, though do talk more softly. Bothering the other customers is counterproductive."

i simply nodded my head, and they continued in a softer voice,

"That robot was the embodiment of a Lightner's dream. A dream I helped create, once. Splashing color from the motion of their hand. The Lightner filled it with their own hope, giving it an incredible power... but, in the end, nothing ever came of it. And it was left in the basement with the rest of the corrupted data."

so that's why they didn't want me touching it, it made sense. when i went to go speak, they continued,

"The machine is very powerful, the Lightner's hope is a powerful weapon that many seek... Some even going so far as to attempt to impersonate me in order to get the... Oh, I'm rambling. Your order. "

almost as if on que, the swatchling brings me my hot coco and (f/b). Swatch leaves, and after getting an extra order of coffee to-go, i leave as well. i start walking towards the trash dump, only to be met with warmth suddenly.

it's Spamton! the cold i felt for the past day is gone immediately, and i feel much healthier. i go to say something, but he harshly takes my hand in a panic. he continues running, forcing me to run too. i quickly say,

"Spamton- what are we running for?!"

he quickly makes a gesture to look behind us, and i see 3 different ambyu-lances chasing us. wait a second, we're getting chased by actual cops. i also start booking it, as they chase us. damn it, i didn't know i would be dragged into a cop chase!

we didn't run for long, as after we got into the alleyways, Spamton knew where everything was. after that commotion, all we had to do was lie low and not direct their attention to here. letting go of his hand, i grab the 2, now decently dented, the to-go coffee cups. one of them was half empty from running, so i gave the fullest one to Spamton.

taking the coffee, i immediately drink the rest of it. if we have to run again, im not carrying this again. i didn't face Spamton as we both quietly drank the coffee. i finished first, and put down the dented coffee cup. i didn't hear the sirens, so i ask in a whisper,

"are we good to talk now?"

"... Yeah. "

he responded with that distant tone in his voice, and i turn to face him. Spamtons glasses were filled with static, while he was in a ball and drinking his coffee slowly. he didn't seem to be focusing on much, and that's probably not good. he's also shaking pretty bad, yep, this confirms it, it seems like a "calm" panic attack.

a calm panic attack is where even though he isn't doing anything physically, his mind seemed to have drifted. the only thing i know that comforts him is holding my hand. im not oblivious, i know that he likes to hold my hand, but i hesitate, in this situation would it be okay too? i ask him instead,

"Hey, is it okay if I hold your hand?"

he just nods, and i hold his hand and try my best to comfort him. i didn't know what to say, so the silence was broken with me occasionally saying something such as "it's okay to cry" or "your so strong". shitttt, why do i have to be so bad at comforting others?

after a while, he stopped shaking. still recovering from that state of mind, he said quietly,

"... So you don't hate me?.."

trying to lighten the mood, i said with a small smile,

"Of course not."

we hugged, and stayed like that for a while. i mention that we had to talk in the most comforting tone i could. i had to talk to him about the whole "soul bond" situation. although he didn't take it that way, and said,

"They caught me in [[your local-]] [[trash bin]], this isn't the [[First time?]] this has happened."

he was reluctant, and considering Spamtons... situation. what most likely happened was that he repeatedly had to go to dumpsters to live, and got caught, meaning there's probably a warrant for him. i don't have the ability to empathize, but that must suck to live through.

picking him up, i held him in a way that let us continue hugging while i was standing. benefits of him being super short, i guess. i ask him,

"Is this okay?"

"yeAH!"

im glad he feels better, but yelling in my ear? ow! i can't see his face, so i take his word for it as i start walking out the maze of alleyways. luckily ive been here quite a few times as well, so i know how to get us out.

the silence between us is comfortable, and i think Spamton fell asleep. that's good, he deserves it after what happened today. being honest, i don't mind that he dragged me in that situation. i did drag him into a soul bond, so i would be a hypocrite to care about this, yeah?

 i did drag him into a soul bond, so i would be a hypocrite to care about this, yeah?

that felt so ooc for Spamton lmao-

and would anyone be interested in rp? im semi-lit, if your interested, my discord is in my profile desc :D