☆𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 17☆

y/n pov

i woke up, i didnt feel rested, but at least i didnt have any dreams. at least not that i remember, ever since i knew that i forgot that jerk's and i's encounters, ive felt scared. what else have i forgotten? have i forgotten anything? not to mention the magic effects. i havent even had any time to process all of this.

ive grown used to this new world, as i could tell from the light outside that it was about 12 am. i was about to move, when i noticed Spamton sleeping on top of me, holding me like a pillow. considering what happened yesterday, and how comfortable i am, i went back to sleep.

when i woke back up again, i saw Spamton moving, was he awake for a while? meh, i probably just got woken up by him moving, though i am really comfortable. i open my eyes to see him, as everything is still blurry from sleep. i can make out a rough form of him, as i can see a slight look of shock on his face. was Spam not expecting me to wake up?

even though, he didnt stop me from waking up fully, as i rubbed my eyes and sat up. at least i can see now. i remember the topic at hand, and it instantly ruins my morning. i stand up, and it seems Spamton already left by the time i was waking up. today was going to be a busy day, and very possibly my last presumably.

i shudder at the thought. yeah, ive had my lows, but death is too far. i loose myself in thought, as i think of other ways than stealing a kids soul to save me. if i have to traumatize a kid to survive, it leaves a really bad aftertaste. Kris, why couldnt youve been a racist old man? that way i could steal your soul without regret. but nooo, i had to listen to Asriel, didnt i?

sighing, i think of any other possibilities, when i see the old scrapped project of mine, the weapon i made at the start. a gun that could turn to a sword? easy enough, though it wouldnt be useful. unless... wait a minute!

magic comes from the soul, we all know this. but once a attack forms, its a state of matter, meaning it can be contained! so if i combine magic and machine, it would overpower the machine, but that can always be ruled out with testing! i ran out, yelling out that i was going to my workplace. i think Spamton was saying something, but i was already too far to hear what he said.

i was filled with inspiration, and this is better than waiting around to become a puppet. i feel a bit bad for accidentally ignoring Spamton, but i think he understands, im risking my life at the end of the day anyways. i break out into a sprint as walking was taking too long, and i arrive shortly after that.

i walk inside, making sure i wasnt spotted by any of my co-workers. i look at the door to the basement, and it was hidden again by the lever. i undo the puzzle and walk in, like ive done a million times before. i get to where i make all my machines, when i go to open the door, i see that its locked, so i think for a split second.

it didnt take me long to come up with a solution, as i mummer a apology to the air. maybe i was apologizing to the swatching who would have to clean what i was about to do up? or maybe i was apologizing to Tasque for disobeying. either way, i push my sleeve over my hand, and curled it into a fist as i slam my hand into the doorknob, successfully breaking it off.

my hand hurts and i definitely took at least 5 hit points, but im too distracted by the fact that im finally inside. i grab the dusty prototype, as the ideas kept on coming to me. i made a list of the several ideas i had, then focused on getting the prototype done.

the plan was for the sword part was to be magic imbedded, and could take magic away from the monster attacked. the bullets worked the same way, after a certain amount of time the magic collected could either work as a TP recovery potion or a mega attack. the rough blueprints laid out in front of me, with several pencils to match. i get to work, not wasting anymore time.

⋆ ˚。⋆༶•♛˚timeskip- 3 hours˚♛•༶⋆。˚ ⋆

it's only been a few hours, and ive gotten so much done. is it because of my inspiration, or will to have freedom? either way, i think ive gotten everything i mentioned before done. i even tricked a swatchling into using magic for my tests! it was "for the good of the queen", or, for the good of me anyways. of course, that amplified the project speed tenfold and i was able to fix magic into machinery. it's revolutionary!

of course, i just have to hope that i survive to start that revolution.

i ended up making some more magic weapons, like auto attack drones and some long range guns. i was about to leave to go get that same swatchling to fill in magic, when i see someone sneaking into the basement. looking closer, i see Spamton panicked, though relieved to finally be in here. i was confused, so i walked to him and asked,

"Spamton?? What are you doing here?"

"GAH! y/n..? YOU [[horrifying]] ME!!  WHy DID YOU LEAVE?!"

"Well I was making weapons to help us-"

"WE HAVE TO STaY [[Duos]]!!"

"Oh- that makes sense. Sorry! haha.."

"D0nT DO THAT [[multiple times over]]!"

im assuming he meant to not do that again. it's a good thing i already finished the things i came here for. i looked at the wall i remembered that i needed magic to fill the canisters for magic that were stored inside. thanks to the help of that swatchling, i knew how to guide monsters magic into the canisters. Spamtons the nearest to me, so i can always ask him to-

"W3 DON'T HAVE [[Timers]] TO ZONE oUT!"

Spamton interrupted my thoughts, and i replied,

"Actually, this is good! Both the machine we were talking about before and the weapons I made are here! We just have to make sure we don't get caught before that."

"W3APONS?? GETTING [[catched]]?? YOU wORK HERE!"

"Funny story.. Ah.. I got a temporary ban- but I'm inside and making things!"

"WAIT.. IS TH4T WHY THE [[Door deals]] WERE BR0KEN?"

"The doorknob was broken?? haha, I don't know what your talking about..!"

i look away as i say this, embarrassed that i had to confess to breaking into my own workplace. he took the opportunity to tease me back, as revenge,

"WO0OW, [[Breaking and entry]] TO YOUR J0B? SuCH A [[Unethical employee]]!"

"Hey wait no-"

we continued like this for a while, enjoying this more than the stress from before. of course, we had to get to work soon, but it can always wait a second. everyone needs a break sometimes, and so far we aren't exactly behind schedule either.

no proofreading again-
though i have some motivation to write again! im not sure if i got worse at writing, as i haven't written a chapter in a while lmao