02.

Autumn Kingsley

I wake up to someone gently shaking me.

"Autumn, hey honey it's time to wake up."

I groan brushing what seems like Natalie's arm off of me and taking the grey throw pillow next to me, covering my face with it.

"Don't take too long, Aurora's getting a little impatient." Natalie giggles before making her way out of my room and shutting the door.

Aurora.

Bolting right up, I scan my room for any sign of Aurora; just as I was about to get my lazy ass up, I hear a soft meow.

I tilt my head down to look at the small, four-legged furball who was sprawled out on my carpeted rug.

Wasting no time, I sweep her off of the rug and place her in between my legs on the bedsheets.

I give her a small peck on the nose; she raises her small arms, shielding me away from her. I giggle before lifting her slightly to get out of my bed and placing her back down.

As I make my way over to my closet, I take out a pair of grey sweatpants and a plain black t-shirt before making my way into my bathroom.

Turning on the shower, I begin to strip my clothes off before stepping in.

I feel the insanely hot liquid on my skin, I found it oddly comforting as the water continues to make it's way down my body.

- - -

I twist the handle, turning the shower off; taking the towel, I wrap it around my body and step out of the shower before drying myself with it and putting my clothes on.

I liked oversized clothing, it hid each and every one of my flaws and imperfections; like art that's been locked up in a museum.

Except I wasn't art. Art is supposed to be something beautiful, it's supposed to hold a value or meaning.

I didn't hold any of those and I'm nowhere near beautiful.

Taking the toothbrush out of the pot, I begin to brush my teeth, attempting to brush away the negative thoughts.

Positive, let's try and stay on the positive side today Autumn.

As I continue to brush my teeth, I hear a knock on the door.

"Autumn you in there?" A familiar voice asks.

Raven, it's just Raven.

"Just brushing my teeth."

I finish brushing my teeth, rinsing off the excess toothpaste off of the toothbrush before putting it back into the pot.

Throwing my clothes into the laundry basket, I make my way out of the bathroom and walk back into my room.

Raven was sat at my desk eyes glued on her phone, while Lilah plays with Aurora on my bed.

"Hey can we go visit Sil, I haven't seen him in ages," I say taking their attention.

The both of them avert their gazes to look at me. "Sure, we were planning to go to the book store before going to the mall anyway," Lilah explains as she gets up, abandoning the poor kitten on my bed.