12.

Autumn Kingsley

Autumn Kingsley

"Wait wait, so you went to the lake with the Atlas guy; watched the stars together on the dock; had a really deep conversation, and then he walked you back to your car," Aubrey screams deliriously through the phone.

Oh forgot to mention, Aubrey Mavis, I met her back in London.

We got assigned as roommates and got along quite well and practically just became BFFs after a few weeks of talking and getting to know each other.

She also knows about Miles and what happened with him; not to mention she despises his ass.

"No he just came out of-" I begin to explain, but yet again she cuts me off, "you two had a cute little midnight date under the stars, end of story," she says creating a zipping gesture across her lips.

I roll my eyes and continue to sketch.

"You mentioned he was a bit like Miles didn't you?" I nod my head in response.

"I'd stay away from him if I were you," she warns me. "Whatever Aubrey, it's not like I'm planning on dating the guy; that was a one-time thing. Plus he's a dick," I say, a bit uncertain of the words coming out of my mouth.

No, I'm not uncertain. I have no plans on dating him, and he is a dick, a big one.

Maybe not much of one last night, but he's a dick.

"Whatever you say," she shrugs, continuing to scribble words onto the piece of paper in front of her.

"You doing homework?" I ask her; she hums in response.

The both of us proceed to work on the pieces of paper in front of us.

"You know it's lonely without you here, I miss having you around," she says in a miserable tone.

I look up at my phone and see that she's put her homework aside and is staring at me instead with a dejected expression on her face.

"Oh yeah?" I retort, raising an eyebrow and doing some sort of wiggling motion with them.

"Yes so so much," she admits truthfully sticking her bottom lip out and frowning.

I chuckle, "you'll find new friends, plus I'm always here if you need to talk," I say giving her a reassuring smile.

"It's not the same," she mutters quietly, almost too quiet for me to be able to articulate what she just said; but me having some sort of magical ears I hear it as clear as day.

"So, you have school on Monday," she changes the subject; fuck I forgot about that. "Yeah I need to buy some supplies tomorrow," I say, completely pretending that I didn't remember that just now.

"Autumn!" I hear Natalie shout from downstairs, I groan dropping my pencil onto my sketch pad.

"Yeah?!" I shout back irritatedly, "can you come down here real quick, you're dad needs you!"