34.

Atlas Miller

"Atty boy it's time to wake up."

Kaden's voice was barely a whisper, but I could hear it as clear as day considering he spoke right next to my ear.

Annoyed, I remove the pillow my head was resting on from its place before using it to cover my entire head.

I jolt up as I feel a cold liquid trickle down my bare back.

"Kaden for fucks sake," I groan as I sit up and lean my head on the headboard, rubbing my eyes to try and adjust to the lighting.

Once I've adjusted, I'm met with the stares of Mason, Kaden and Riley.

Kaden raises his hands up in defense, "that was Riley who did that, don't blame it on me."

Pushing myself off the mattress, I squeeze past Mason and Riley before grabbing the plain black shirt from the chair that was propped up against the wall.

"We need to go you know, you overslept. As always."

With a roll of my eyes, I push past them once again before entering the bathroom, not saying a word as I lock the door behind me.

My hands firmly grip on either side of the sink as I lazily stare at my reflection.

Sighing, I run one hand through my hair, attempting to tame it into something more presentable.

I'm heading in for a shower anyway.

Coming to a conclusion that threading my fingers through my hair isn't going to make much of a difference, I turn the shower knob before beginning to remove my clothing.

Stepping into the shower, my eyes immediately shut as I let the insanely hot liquid trickle down my body.

I'd want nothing more than for just the steam, that was a result of the boiling water that poured down from above me, to suffocate me.

For the water to melt each and every inch of my skin until I am nothing; until my presence is no longer something. that existed.

I'd praise anything that wiped the bane of my existence off this cruel, corrupt world.

- - -

My hands are buried into my pockets, but I swiftly take one out just to adjust the beanie that shielded most of my head from the coldness surrounding me.

The hood of my sweater is lifted up over my beanie, and I turn my head slightly to meet Mackenzie's gaze.

Great fucking start to my morning.

With a roll of my eyes, I rip my attention off of her and stare straight ahead where the rest of the group started coming into view.

As I burry my hands deeper into my pockets, Mackenzie takes it as an opportunity to link her arms with mine.

Irritatedly, I pull my hand out of my pocket to push her away.

"Can you not?"

She bats her incredibly long (artificial) lashes at me before pouting. I scrunch my face in disgust before turning away from her once again.

It'd become a natural reaction to have when it came to her.

"But Atlas honey I'm freezing." She attempts to sneak her arms around mine once again, but I step further away from her, slightly increasing my speed.

"Go find someone else to link arms with, and don't ever call me that again."

Swiftly walking away from her and leaving her behind, I join Riley on a bench who was sat with Mason and Grey, who was sat talking to Autumn beside him.