19.

Atlas Miller

Autumn's been acting different lately.

I haven't seen her in any of the classes we have together and she's been avoiding people, even Lilah and Raven. Which is odd.

"Have you guys seen autumn?" Grey runs up to me and Brady.

Me and Brady shake our heads.

"I don't think she's been in the whole week." Brady furrows his eyebrows and nods like he's trying to wrap his head around what Grey's just told him.

Is it because of me? 

"Atlas." I turn my head to look at Grey. "Yeah?"

"We we're asking you if you've seen autumn around." Brady rolls his eyes before taking out a pack of mints and offering me one. I shake my head.

He shrugs and takes one for himself. "So have you or have you no-"

"No. I haven't seen her around."

There were no further words spoken as we made our way into the canteen and sit in our usual spot where Mason, Riley and Lincoln were sat.

I take a the empty seat next to Mason.

My eyes scan the area looking for any sign of Autumn, but there doesn't seem to be any.

I take sight of Raven pushing open the glass door leading to the canteen, Lilah and some other girl next to her.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts as I turn to face Lincoln who was repeatedly calling my name.

"Yeah, what?"

"What do you mean yeah what, what did you say to Autumn a few days ago?" Lincoln asks.

I bow my head down and play with the loose fabric of my sweatpants. "I- fuck."

Lincoln and Grey furrow their eyebrows and stare at me, confusion evident in their faces whilst waiting for my response.

"I told her that I don't blame her mother for leaving her and that I would've done the same."

My words come out in a fast, hurried pace. Everyone's now staring at me like they've just watched me murder someone.

"What? I didn't mean to I swear, I don't even know why I said that I just-"

"Shut up." Grey cuts me off and buries his face in hands.

Lincoln lets out a nervous chuckle, "oh you're wrong for that one."

I bow my head down again.

"You're going to apologise." I look up to see Grey staring at me, rage clearly visible in his eyes. He is right. I barely know anything about her and I had no right to say that; even if I hate her.

I nod and stand up before making my way out of the canteen not wanting to say anything else.

- - -

My gaze is focused on the pen that I was continuously tapping against the table.

"Atlas."

I look up and see Riley nudging his head towards the front of the class.

"Here." I raise my hand before dropping it back down and sighing. Riley turns back to face the front. My attention is fixed on the door.

Why? No clue.

I turn my head slightly to check the empty seat next to me.

Where is she?

"Before we start the lesson I'm going to tell you about a projects you will be working on with your partner." I sigh.