21.

Autumn Kingsley

"Autumn are you ready yet?" My eyes shoot open as I quickly turn over to look at the digital clock on my night stand. Shit.

My mouth opens but nothing other than a weird, raspy sound articulates as I do.

I clear my throat. "Yeah be down in a bit!"

Shit, shit , shit, shit, shi-

"Autumn, Atlas and Kaden are outside waiting for you hurry up!" My brain takes a second or two to process what my dad had just said.

Atlas. Kaden. Waiting. For me.

Wasting no time, I quickly push myself off my bed and sprint into my bathroom.

My hand completely loses control as it rummages around piles of random make-up products, some I didn't even know I had, and hair ties. Loads of hair ties.

Deciding that putting my hair up into a decent looking ponytail was the best option, I take my toothbrush before applying some toothpaste onto it and started brushing my teeth.

And that's when I realise that my ponytail was far from decent.

It looked like I just had a bird fly into my room to wake me up but decided it'd be a good idea to lay in my hair for a few good minutes.

I hurriedly spit out the excess toothpaste and rinse my mouth before untying my hair again and tying it back up. I observe myself for a few seconds before deciding it'll do and exiting my bathroom.

Once again, my hands are rummaging through a pile of, this time, clothes.

It takes me a minute or two to pick out an outfit which I was content with before throwing them on and taking my bag and keys from my desk.

Before I get to leave my room, I stop in front of my mirror to assess myself.

Yet again, it's not like I'd ever be content with how I looked or myself in general, but today I just had that 'idgaf' Autumn attitude, but I'm not quite sure if that was a good thing.

I'll take it as one, since I'm not completely criticising myself right now.

"Autumn!" My dad shouts for the second or third time. I curse under my breath before quickly applying a bit of deodorant and smearing chapstick onto my lips and rushing down the stairs.

Natalie looks up and shoots me a friendly smile. I return one before quickly putting my shoes on and completely forgetting the fact that my dad had said Kaden and Atlas are outside waiting for me.

"Alright by dad, see you later." My dad gives my cheek a small peck before nudging his head towards the door.

"Please try and eat something at school." I give him a nod and a smile just to make it more reassuring before exiting the house.

My eyes skin over the empty driveway.
Where the fuck is my car?

I had been so occupied with rushing to get ready because I was told the asshole and his cousin were waiting for me outside that I never got to think about my car.

My poor precious car.

I shake my head and take in sight of Atlas' car which was parked- not so very neatly- outside the front of my house.

He was leaned back in his seat tapping one hand on the steering wheel, while holding his phone in another; Kaden was busy rambling on about something that his cousin wasn't so interested in, by the looks of it.

He finally decides to put his phone away before tilting his head up to look at me.

There it is. The same icy, cold-ass menacing looking glare, that I was pretty much familiarised with by now, remained on his face as he watched me make my way over to the passenger seat and click my seatbelt into place.