16.

Atlas Miller

Autumn was currently sat in the passenger's seat of my car.

We somehow convinced Mrs Sullivan to let us buy a few things Brady suggested we'd get to remove the coke off of the walls.

It was the beginning of November, meaning that the snow had started to get thicker and roads were in fact getting increasingly slippery.

I turn my head slightly to look at Autumn whose head was gently rested against the tinted window of my car; her lips were slightly parted as she inhaled and exhaled steadily.

My eyes travel back to the road in front of us and I get a glimpse of the traffic light we had just passed.

"Atlas! You just passed a red light!" Autumn shoots up from her seat.

We both sat there in silence for a few seconds, taking quick glimpses of each other as I continued to drive.

Autumn picks at her lips, which looked like they had been nowhere near the freezing ass weather.

In other words, they looked... soft.

"Atlas watch out!"

My eyes snap forward and I brutally press my foot against the brakes pedal, putting the car to an abrupt halt. Autumn's hand firmly grips onto my arm without hesitation.

I immediately feel myself tense at the sudden contact between us.

Her hands were cold.

Comfortingly cold.

Despite this, her touch felt warm against my bare skin. It was indescribable.

But at the same time, it was as almost as if it felt... electrifying.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"You good?" Autumn snaps me out of my thoughts by waving her hand in front of my face.

"Yeah, fine."

"Alright Miller, try not to get us killed again." She snaps her fingers, indicating me to start driving again.

I press my foot back down onto the gas pedal; this time I actually make sure I'm staring at the road in front of me.

There were a few minutes of oddly comforting silence in the car; all the sound there were the windscreen wipers moving back and forth, attempting to move the light snow that had begun falling from the sky, and the faint sounds of the vehicles in the background.

"Mind if I put some music on?" I turn my head slightly to face her and give her a nod.

From the corner of my eye, I see as she takes her phone and a cable out, before plugging it into the aux. She types in a few things before a song begins to play.

Somebody else, 1975.

"Good song." I feel Autumn's gaze burning through the side of my head.

I lightly tap my hand on the steering wheel as I manoeuvred it; Autumn sways her head gently.

I don't want your body but I hate to think about you with somebody else...

"Our love has gone cold, you're intertwining your soul with somebody else," she begins singing quietly.

I'm looking through you while you're looking through your phone and then leaving with somebody else.

The rest of the car ride was Autumn singing along to the song as it replayed over and over again.

I sing along with her in my head, finishing off verses and random parts of the chorus; letting her voice be the only noise audible.

I had come to a conclusion that Autumn Isabelle Kingsley did in fact have a nice voice.