🐍8🐍

Sebastian's POV:

I was pissed at myself for taking Theodora to The Seventh Veil. I knew that she needed it, and that she really enjoyed it. That didn't make me feel better about it. I was supposed to be taking her away from the sluttiness of the scene. I swore to never push her towards it again.

That was a week ago though. A week that had been a brutal mixture of extreme mood swings and cravings. For once I was happy to be a touring musician someday. Now Theodora was back to her usual self. "Are we gonna party soon? I'm getting bored." She drummed her fingers on the countertop. 

"Nice beat," Rob noted. "We should do a song like that." He pounded his hands on his thighs, dreaming up the skeletons of our next song. 

"Are you gonna deprive her forever, or can I take her out? The girl seems like loads of fun," Rachel noted, resting his elbow on the counter. I was afraid that he and Theodora might get along a little bit too well. 

"Yes! By all means. Sebby is booooring." I glared at her. I hated that name and she knew it. 

"You should. I'm sure Theo would just love that." Two could play at her game. 

"Hey, don't drag me into your fight. If you want to keep her, just say the word." The bassist held his hands up in surrender, walking a few steps back into the kitchen. He began to start the coffee machine. "Do you want a cup too?" He asked Rob. 

"That'd be great. Let's let the lovebirds work their problems out while we talk over coffee." Theodora wrinkled her nose at him, clearly not used to a drummer who spoke like that. He was a little bit different than everyone else I'd met in the scene, but not in necessarily in a bad way. 

"We're not in love!" Theodora insisted as though saying something like that would help her case. Everyone in the world knows that the moment you say something about not having the hots for someone or not being in love, it means that you're really in denial. 

"Whatever you say," Rachel held up his hands in surrender again. "Just yell when you need me then." He and Rob left the room, leaving just me and Theodora. 

"What's the matter, Glitz?" She asked, a pout adorning her lips. "Is it something I said? Why aren't you being any fun?"

"Hasn't anyone ever told you to slow down?" I sat down, running my fingers through my hair. "Living a nonstop life, never settling for anything, don't you worry that you might miss a chance to do something bigger? To get something more than pleasure from the world?"

"I'm here for a good time, not a long time," She told me simply. "Yes, people have told me to slow down. If I listened to them, I wouldn't go anywhere in the world. Would you give up on your music if someone told you to?" Her crossed arms told me that she was getting annoyed with me again. I didn't really blame her. Really, how could I? I was asking her questions that were hand-designed to annoy her. "You know what? Whatever. I really don't care what you think. I'm outta here-" 

I grabbed her arm, stopping her as she'd begun to walk out of the room. "Don't go," I said, raising my voice. "I didn't mean to offend you. I'm wanna know you better." Her eyes softened, and she sat back down on the back of the sofa. Her legs kicked back and forth. 

"Will you take me shopping? I think I want a new dress. I wanna go to The Cathouse tomorrow night." She looked at her fingers before looking up. "I should do my nails too! Do you have polish here?" 

I gave her a look. "Do you think that we have nail polish here? We're a bunch of dudes."

"I'll bet that other bands have nail polish around their houses."