Chapter 7 - Grace's POV

I don't need money. I don't care about my social status. Why am I doing this? Oh my goodness. When I agreed it was a half agreement. All I said was "what she said". Why couldn't I just say no? Dumb past Grace. Dumb past Grace. I can't back out now. They literally brought food. That shows that they're decent human beings. I'm tutoring the William guy. There is no way I'm calling him Will. I will not be considered a "chick".
"Ok, I guess we can eat." I say. I can already tell this is going to be awkward. The guys sit down first, and there's two on each side of the table. Sydney and I get to the table first, so we have to sit beside a guy. I sit beside Damon, and Sydney sits beside Jeremy.
"Thanks for the food." I say. After that, it's just awkward silence and chewing for a while. William is the first one to speak up.
"Did you go to any of our games last year?"
"That isn't really our setting." Blair says.
"What is your setting then?" Damon asks.
"The city. We rather explore the city, then sit in a stadium for a few hours." Lexi replies.
"Have you ever watched football? Maybe you'll like." Grayson says, defending football.
"A few times a few years ago." I say.
"Come to one of our games this year." Jeremy says.
"First of all, it isn't your game. It's the school's game. Second of all, we don't want to go." Sydney says, annoyed. I'm being serious when I say this. She might be on her period.

Everyone is on their phones for a little bit, until Blair breaks the silence

"Should we get to studying?"
"Sure. How should we do this?" Grayson asks.
"Shouldn't you guys have thought about that before asking for tutors?" I question. How are these so disorganized?
"We didn't expect to find a tutor so quickly." Jeremy answers.
"I guess we can split off into the tutor pairs." I suggest.
"Works for me." Blair says. Weird. Blair isn't her usual "I hate boys" self. We split off into the tutor pairs, and start. Well... I'm supposed to be starting, but I'm messaging this guy I met earlier today.

 I'm supposed to be starting, but I'm messaging this guy I met earlier today

"Hello?" William says. The smile that was on my face disappears, and I look up from my phone with an annoyed look.
"Yes?" I ask.
"We're paying you to tutor us. Not go on your phone."
"Fine. I guess I'm sorry. So.... marketing. Do you have any homework."
"Yes, I do. But I was wondering if I could ask you a question. One about your friend."
"Didn't you just complain about me not tutoring you?"
"Can I ask you the question or not?" William asks.
"Fine. Ask away."
"Does Lexi have a boyfriend?" William says, clearly nervous.
"No. But don't ask her out." I answer.

Author's Note: I'm so sorry I took so long to post this. I hope you're enjoying the story so far!