Chapter 8 - William's POV

"No. But don't ask her out." Grace says.
"Why not?" I ask. I wasn't planning to ask Lexi out right away, but I find it kind of weird that Grace was so against me asking Lexi out.
"Because she doesn't deserve getting her heart broken. Again." I guess that makes sense.
"Ok. So... studying." I say awkwardly.
"Right. Introduction to Marketing. What did you learn today?" Grace asks me. My mind draws a blank. I didn't know we were supposed to pay attention on the first day of school. But I'm not going to say that, or else I'll sound dumber then I actually am.
"Uh... nothing?" I answer.
"First rule. Don't answer my questions with questions. Be confident with your answers. Try again." Grace demands.
"Nothing." I say as confidently as I can.
"Good. Now, you need to learn to take notes. Can I see your notes?" The word "notes" are barely in my vocabulary. Yes, I know notes are a big part of doing good in school, but I'm not good at taking them. In fact, if I take notes, they might impact my grade poorly.
"I haven't taken that many notes."
"Of course you haven't. Why don't you go over my notes, so you can get an idea about what good notes look like?" Grace asks.
"What makes you think you have good notes?" I challenge.
"Do you not remember the rule about answering my questions with questions?! And to answer your question, last year, my gpa was 3.8, and I used my notes for everything, and anything." Grace answers.
"I'm that case, sounds good." I say. Grace is about to hand me her notes when we hear yelling coming from the living room.
"Why can't you just pay attention for one fucking second?!?!"
"It's hard to pay attention when I don't understand the shit you're saying!!!"
"I'm trying my best! It's not my fault you hired someone who's never taught or tutored before!"
"Fuck you!" I go outside Grace's room with her to see what's going on. I see Sydney and Jeremy fighting, Blair and Grayson coming out to see what's going on, and Lexi and Damon are just watching, being amused and annoyed by what's going on.
"You disturbed our studying!" I yell. Sydney and Jeremy realize that everyone's looking at them. Jeremy makes eye contact with me, and I give him my best "remember why we're doing this" look. It seems to work, because he sighs, then apologizes to Sydney.
"Sydney, I'm sorry for not paying attention." Sydney eyes Jeremy with anger. Sydney rolls her eyes.
"I know you're only apologizing so I keep tutoring you, and so you don't fail." Sydney says. That's 100 percent true, but an apology is an apology. Right? Jeremy takes the words right out of my mouth.
"I promise you that I'm not trying to sound like a douche, but an apology is an apology. The reason doesn't matter." Sydney raises an eyebrow.
"I'm not doing this anymore." Sydney says, going into what I'm assuming is her room.
"I guess everyone can go back to studying. I'll go talk to Syd." Blair says. Blair goes into Sydney's room, and closes the door. Everyone kind of just looks at each other, and after a few seconds of staring and silence, everyone goes back to where they were studying. When Grace and I are back in her room I take a look at her notes. Wow. There are different colours for different things, and there's stuff highlighted, and there's so many words, and Grace's handwriting is so neat. If I need to make notes like these, I'm going to need help. A lot of help.

Author's Note: Hi!!! I know there aren't any pictures in this chapter, but I hope you still like it!!