Chapter 19 - Blair's POV

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Before whatever that was, I was set on being annoyed at Grayson Thompson for a while. But I somehow ended up calling him by his last name. That's such a bookish thing to do. What's an even more bookish thing is being called "dream girl". That's what happens in the romance novels I read, or in cheesy rom coms. But I can't say that I didn't like it. While I'm changing, multiple thoughts race through my head. Oh my god, I can't believe I'm getting food with Grayson Thompson. It's just food though, right? Then why did he call me dream girl? Should I wear makeup? I'm gonna wear makeup. Not for him, for me. Never mind, I'm not going to wear makeup. And my thoughts keep going on and on, until I come up with a conclusion. Don't get played by Grayson Thompson.

I walk out of the change room, ready to take on whatever it was that I agreed to. The moment I exit the change room, I see Grayson Thompson leaned against the wall in front of the change rooms. He looks up, and chuckles.
"You're really dressing up, huh?" I look at my sweats and graphic tee that I changed into. I cross my arms.
"I'll only eat with you if you don't remind me you're you."
"But banter is fun." Grayson Thompson says, starting to walk towards the gym exit. I follow him, while doing a mental check to make sure I have everything. But then something pops into my head.
"One question. Where am I gonna put my stuff?" I ask.
"I drove." I raise an eyebrow.
"But the gym's so close." I say.
"Oh dream girl, when are you going to stop judging me?" I don't know what to say after I hear that nickname for the second time this evening, so I just follow Grayson Thompson to his car. When we get to his car, he opens the door.
"Thank you Thompson." Great, this last name thing is becoming a habit for me. He starts driving, then asks me if I want the aux.
"Only if you don't judge my music taste."
"Hey, if you judge me, I can judge you."
"What are we? The judging duo?"
"That's lame. JD sounds cooler." I roll my eyes.
"Lame? What are you? Five? Also, let me be crystal clear. This isn't a thing."
"You sound pretty judgy, and did you just hear that? I was judgy. JD is a thing."
"Whatever."

I put on my "city drive" playlist, and the first song is Welcome To New York by Taylor Swift.
"Wow, surprise, surprise." I roll my eyes.
"Taylor Swift is a mastermind. You can't prove me wrong."
"I have nothing against her or her music. It's just not my thing." I glance at Grayson Thompson, and laugh.
"What?" He asks.
"Grayson Thompson. I will make you a swiftie by the end of tonight." I queue a few Taylor Swift songs I think are masterpieces, even though they all are.

We get to the restaurant Grayson Thompson chose. I get out of the car and follow Grayson Thompson to the entrance. Wow, this place is definitely fancy. I instantly start feeling more self conscious about my outfit. Then I feel Grayson Thompson's hand on my back.
"Don't worry, you look great." I hate to admit it, but I'm too flustered to think of a comeback, so I just continue walking towards the entrance.

" I hate to admit it, but I'm too flustered to think of a comeback, so I just continue walking towards the entrance

Author's Note: And I'm back!!! I'm finally not busy, so I can continue this. Also, thank you so much for 3k reads! That's crazy!!! I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for reading <3