Chapter 22 - Jeremy's POV

Sydney hangs up for the second time, and I look at Will.
"I think that's the only help we're gonna get." There are many people in my life that could help me with making amends. But I don't want to tell them what's going on. For example, I could call my parents. They would definitely know how to cheer my brother up. But then they would also have to find out about the things I said. So they aren't an option. My parents would scold me  if they found out that I blamed shit on Grayson, even though they do it all the time. I did apologize, but... it just wouldn't end well. Would could also Damon's girlfriend, but then... hold on.
"I might have an idea."
"It better be good." Will says, facing me to hear my idea.
"What if we create a date for Damon and Ellie? We could make food and get a bunch of fancy shit." I explain.
"Hmm, that actually doesn't sound that bad. It could work." Will replies. Now we have to think of what to do with Grayson. But one problem at a time I guess.
"It's 10:30. Are we trying to apologize tonight?" Will questions. Fuck, it's getting late and we have school tomorrow. But I also don't really want to be forced to deal with a whole lot of tension tomorrow morning.
"If Ellie is free, I say we do dessert or something." Will says.
"I like the way you think." I respond. "Ok, since I said some stuff I'll call Ellie. Can you manage finding a recipe?" Will laughs.
"Look at you taking responsibility." I sigh.
"Just find a recipe."
"Aye aye captain." I brace myself to call Ellie. If Damon told her anything, there's no way she's even going to pickup. Beforehand, I text her to give her some context.

 Beforehand, I text her to give her some context

That's enough context for now. Ellie's usually a really nice person, so I'm hoping that even if she knows what I said about her relationship, she'll only be a little bit mad. Or not mad at all. It takes her a while to pick up, but she does pick up.
"Jeremy, I really can't talk for long." We don't usually talk over the phone.
"Do you know what words I might have said to Damon?"
"Yeah, he texted me."
"How are you feeling about them?"
"I don't know. I mean, it's not nice to hear? I don't know what you want me to say." I don't know what I want her to say.
"Well, are you free right now for a date? Will and I are trying to make it up to Damon." There's a pause, then a sigh. Oh no.
"Jeremy, listen. I have something I need to deal with." I wonder if this has to do with why her and Damon aren't going out on Friday.
"Something to do with your friends?"
"I'm sorry, but I'm not going to get too much into detail with it. I really can't chat right now." She's about to hang up, but something tells me that I could convince her to do something with Damon tonight.
"Wait Ellie. It won't take that long. Just dessert. We don't know how else to make it up to Damon." There's a long pause.
"Fine. But I can't guarantee that I'll stay for longer then half an hour"
"Thank you so much Ellie" I hang up with excitement. I don't know why Ellie was so hesitant to come, but what matters is that she's coming. I tell Will that plan make it up to Damon is a go. The first step is to somehow make sure Damon stays in his room.

Author's Note:
So... I want to make Ellie more of an important character in this story. Like I kind of thought of an idea where Damon and Ellie end up together and Grace ends up with the guy from the coffee shop who will be a mystery for now. What are your opinions on that?