Chapter 9 - Blair's POV

I enter Sydney's room, and see her one her bed, on her phone.
"What happened out there?" I ask.
"Jeremy Thompson happened." Sydney answers.
"That doesn't give me that much information." I say, laughing. But Sydney isn't laughing, she has a straight face.
"I was in the middle of explaining something, when I look over, and Jeremy Thompson is on his phone. His phone! He's the one who wanted me to tutor him! Then he says he didn't understand what I was saying?! He was on his phone!!" Sydney says, angrily.
"So you're not going to tutor him?" I question.
"I'm not going to make him pay me for nothing, but I'm also not going to let him waste my time." Why does Sydney have to be so mysterious?! It can get frustrating. I groan in frustration.
"That doesn't give me an answer."
"I'll tutor him for today, then I'll think about it." I leave the room, and walk up to Jeremy and Grayson Thompson who are currently having a conversation about who knows what. I clear my throat.
"What?" Jeremy Thompson questions.
"Sydney is being the nice... decent person she is, and she's willing to tutor you today. If you don't fix your attitude, don't expect to be on the hockey team during the upcoming season." I say in an angry tone.
"Maybe lay off a little bit?" Grayson Thompson says.
"Is there a reason your friend was on his phone? Because unless you can think of a good reason, why should I lay off?" I say towards Grayson Thompson. Grayson and Jeremy look at each other, then they both face me.
"I'll fix my attitude." Jeremy Thompson says. He goes back to Sydney's room, and leaves his friend and me.
"Are you ready to get back to studying?" I ask.
"Yeah." Grayson Thompson responds.
"So you haven't gone over the syllabus right?" I ask, expecting a no.
"Well... I did, but I barely understood the stuff on it. But it's fine because that's what we're going to learn." At least I know he's not completely a lazy ass.
"That's fine, but if we review it and get you to understand some stuff, it'll be less work later on." I reason.
"In that case, let's get started." He says. It's 8:30 when we finish going over half of the syllabus, and I offer dessert.
"Does ice cream sound good?" I ask.
"A break definitely sounds good." We walk to the fridge, and I get a carton of vanilla ice cream, and realize the two of us can probably finish it, so I frap two spoons, but not two bowls. We both go back to the couch, and start digging in.
"So tell me about yourself." Grayson Thompson says.
"You trying to start small talk?" I ask, chuckling.
"Well are we just going to eat ice cream in silence?" He asks.
"If small talk is the best talk you've got, yes." I answer. I don't know what has happened with my personality, but I never banter with anyone. Not after my last relationship.

Author's Note: I have a plan, and the next chapter will have social media!!!