Chapter 18 - Grayson's POV

I walk into the gym, and find the boxing area. Whenever I'm feeling like shit, I come here to direct my emotions at a punching bag. There's barely anyone in the gym, most likely because it's almost 8 at night. The lights are dim, and most of the light is coming from outside. I like it better when I'm alone in the gym. That way, I can focus on one thing. But tonight is different. I'm in my own mind as usual, but I can't focus on one thing. With every thought, I punch the punching bag again. Always the least favourite. People only hangout with you because of Jeremy. You're going to fail your classes. You're a disappointment. Your parents won't be proud. Your parents will never be proud.
"Ahhhh!!!" I yell, punching the punching bag as hard as I can. I couldn't help but yell after all those thoughts filled my mind. Why am I the way I am? I sit down on the floor, and lean against the wall.
"Fuck!" I yell, as my thoughts now focus on the pain racing through my hand. I need an ice pack, but I've never had an injury in this huge gym, so I don't even know where to start looking. There's no one in the boxing area I can ask, so I should probably find a staff member. I'm surprised no one heard me. I was pretty loud.
"Hey." So I guess someone did hear me. I look up, and see one of the people I least expected to see.
"Blair. I thought you said the gym wasn't fun."
We ended on confusing terms after our study session, so I'm surprised when she asks me if I'm ok.
"Doesn't mean I don't go. Are you ok?" I surprise myself when I answer truthfully.
"No." It surprised me even more when Blair walks, and sits right next me.
"Do you want to talk about it?" I get asked.
"Nope." I answer. Without me noticing, tears start streaming down my face. I try to stop them from coming out, but I can't.
"Hey, whatever it is, it will be ok." Blair says, softly. She puts her hand on my hand.
"I'm sorry about what I said, and that I offended you." I say, apologizing. Blair smiles.
"You better not be crying about me." That brings a smile to my face for a second, but soon after I frown.
"Don't worry. Just crying about how I'm the root of every problem."
"Don't say that about yourself." Blair says, turning her head to face me.
"It's true. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be dealing with me."
"Are you implying that you're a problem?" Blair questions.
"Yup. According to Jeremy, according to Will and Damon, according to my parents, probably also according to my teachers." I explain. Blair sighs.
"You're not a problem in my books." That's all I needed to hear today. I turn my head to face Blair, and an idea pops in my head.
"How much time do you have?"
"I'm free for the rest of the night."
"Want to get something to eat?" I ask. I see a smile appear on Blair's face.
"I'm always down for food."
"Good. I'll meet you at the front doors in 5?"
"Are you crazy? That's not enough time."
"Whatever you say, dream girl." I say standing up, and not even noticing the nickname slipping out.
"Wow, one deep conversation and Grayson Thompson already has a nickname for me." I roll my eyes.
"So I'll meet you at the front doors in 10 minutes?"
"15 minutes, Thompson." Blair says, standing up, and walking to the girls change room. I don't think I've ever had a conversation that deep with anyone. Not even my own brother.

Author's Note: Hi everyone!!! I'm almost at 3k reads. That's crazy!!! Thank you so much for reading my story. I PROMISE there will be social media in the next chapter. Things are getting interesting, don't you think? 🤭