Chapter 15 - Damon's POV

The pizza arrives, and Jeremy sets the tv up. Usually all four of us would do a pizza and sports tv night together, but only two of us are available, so here we are.
"So, what sport are we watching?" I ask Jeremy.
"I found a football game that we haven't watched yet."
"Cool." I can't help but feel the tension between us. I don't know what caused it, but it's definitely there.

 I don't know what caused it, but it's definitely there

We're just watching the game in silence, then after a few minutes, Jeremy breaks the silence

"So, how's Ellie?"
"She's good. Any special person in your life?"
"Nope." Jeremy says, highlighting the P.
"Ok, what is going on? Whatever you want to say, spit it out." I can tell that the tension is being caused by our heads, and that Jeremy has something he wants to say, that is providing the tension and awkwardness.
"Fine. I have to ask, do you see a future with Ellie?" Whenever the boys and Ellie are both at the same setting, the boys give off hints that tell me that they're not the biggest fans of Ellie. It bothers me every time, but I never want to confront them about it. But I decide to confront Jeremy now.
"Do you guys have a problem with her?"
"We think she's an amazing girl, and nothing's wrong with her, but..."
"Spit it out!" I yell.
"We just don't think you two are a good fit."
"What makes you think that?"
"You're into different stuff! Yes, you're in the same class, but your futures don't line up, you're schedules don't line up, you're friends a two very different sets of people!"
"It's not my fault I'm friends with a bunch of assholes!" I yell, standing up. By standing up, I just made this into a screaming match. I just don't understand why it matter if Ellie and I are that different. Opposites attract, and our schedules don't line up NOW. But we're both planing to stay in New York City after NYU.
"It is your fault! You chose to be friends with us!"
"You don't get to decide who I date!" I yell back.
"I'm just suggesting something!!!" Jeremy yells. Whoever William is on a call with, can one hundred percent hear us screaming. Hopefully the call isn't important.
"Still!!! It's pretty obvious that all of you guys dislike Ellie. Oh! By the way, I do see a future with her!" I yell, before walking back into my room.

I decide to call Ellie, just so I have someone to talk to, but she doesn't pick up. I'm about to turn off my phone, but I get a call from Grace. I find it weird that she would call me, but I answer anyways.
"Hello?" I question, giving away that I'm confused.
"Hey! I was just wondering if you would be open to get to know each other in a purely platonic way?"
"Another awkward sitting? No thank you." I say without thinking, but then realize what I just said.
"I mean- I didn't mean it in the way you're probably thinking of. I just had a situation with one of the guys." I say, trying to erase what I just said.
"No worries. Another time, when it won't be awkward." Grace hangs up before I can even say bye. I don't know what just happened, but I feel horrible. I prepare a text to the guys group chat about Grace, but decide against sending it. They probably wouldn't respond right now anyways.

Author's Note: Hiii!!! I just found out that the social dummy app is coming back in January, so once I can get the app, I'll be updating this story a lot quicker! Thank you so much for continuing to read my story!!! ❤️❤️❤️