Chapter 17 - William's POV

Well that was an awkward ending. It was going so well, then I just had to start being more forwards. Even though I haven't gotten to know Lexi, there's something different about what I'm feeling. Usually the girls I hangout with are different than Lexi. They don't care about important shit. They usually just want me for one night. I'm usually fine with that. The want for a one night stand is always mutual. But with Lexi, it's different. I mean... if she asked for a one night stand, it's not like I would be opposed to it, but every time I see Lexi, I want to know more about who she is. There's something intriguing about her. Then all of a sudden, I decide to be a weird person and lie down, thinking about my thoughts. But then after a few minutes, I decide that I'm done being weird, so I go outside of my room to see what everyone's up to. I know Grayson's out, and I also heard yelling earlier, yet I'm surprised when I see Jeremy alone, watching a football game.
"Yo. Where's Damon at?" I ask.
"Probably talking with his girlfriend in his room, since I... well... I spoke our truth." Oh my god. What the fuck did this idiot say.
"Can you let me in on what my truth is?"
"Well, our truth about Ellie."
"Fuck. I don't want to know what you said."
"Yeah, you probably don't want to know."
"Ok, you know I want to know." I say. The very, very, very, very small mature side of me is telling me not to be a part of this, but the rest of me is telling me that my boy's shit is also my shit.

After Jeremy tells me about what they argued about, I want to call him an idiot over and over again.
"You're an idiot."
"I know."
"Why would you tell him that?!"
"Hey, at least I was telling the truth." Jeremy says, putting his hands up to show that he's innocent.
"Yeah. But you don't hear me going around, telling everyone that I'm failing Introduction To Marketing."
"I didn't just say it out of nowhere."
"You said you brought up Ellie."
"I know." Confusion covers my face.
"I say we cheer our boys up."
"Damon?" Jeremy questions.
"And Grayson. Wow, dude I'm a genius."
"Do you have a plan dude?"
"Reasonable question. The answer is for me to know, and for you to never find out."
"So you don't have a plan?"
"Nope." I admit. "But I can ask back up." I add.
"You have backup?" Jeremy asks.
"Of course I do." I say, before calling Lexi and signalling Jeremy to be quiet.

On the third ring, Lexi picks up.
"Yo. Lex, how's it going?"
"Uh, you can call me Lexi, and you know you just called me not even half an hour ago, right?" This might be awkward.
"I know. But my boy needs your help."
"My help?"
"Exactly. See? We're on the same page."
"Can you just skip to your point?" Lexi asks. After that, I basically explain what happened, and I ask if she has any ideas.
"Why are you asking me for ideas?"
"Cause we don't have any?"
"Well obviously, but why me? Why not someone else? Why not Damon's girlfriend?" My eyes widen.
"Oh no, we are not asking her for anything."
"I honestly don't know what to say. Maybe just communicate without yelling?"
"Yeah, like we haven't thought about that."
"Sorry, but that's all I got." Then she hangs up. I face Jeremy.
"Do you have backup?"
"Nope."

Author's Note: Hey!!! See? I told you that I would be updating regularly, and I kind of am! Let me know your thoughts on the characters so far! Who do you like? Who do you not like? I don't think there will be social media in the next chapter, but there will be social media in the chapter after that. Love you all!!!