Trekkie Monster surprise 👹 (🌿)

One morning (at midnight), soon after their wedding, Emmett Forrest decided to throw his wife Elle a birthday party.

He was having a meeting with other musical characters to discuss what should happen at the party.

"Chocolate cake is out," Emmett said gravely. "I made that mistake once. Bruiser almost died."

"What if you didn't have cake at all?" suggested Mendel Weisenbachfeld. "What if you had... something else?"

Emmett slammed his hands on the table. "I SWEAR TO GOD, MENDEL, IF YOU SAY DIRT—"

"Ok sorry Marvin," said Mendel, ashamed, sinking in his chair.

"AND STOP CALLING ME MARVIN! I TOLD YOU!!!! I'M EMMETT!!!!"

"I've got an idea!" Dee Dee Allen cried suddenly.

"Dee Dee?" asked Emmett. "I didn't even see you come in."

"Yeah, I don't think you even made a flashy entrance this time," Mendel realized.

"I did," she admitted, hanging her head, "but it was too early and no one was here."

Bruiser started to cry quietly.

"Bruiser?" asked Emmett. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry." His dog looked up with glimmering eyes. "Her story is just..." he sniffed, "so sad."  

"Okay. Dee Dee, what's your idea?"

"I perform!" said Dee Dee.

"Of course," mendel groaned from his seat. "And I bet you're gonna get all your friends too—Whizzer and..., the others."

"HIS NAME IS TRENT OLIVER!!!!!!" the woman screamed at him. Lowering her voice, she added, "And no. This is going to be a solo performance."

"No, it's not," said Emmett. "This party is going to be between me and Elle only. And Bruiser, probably."

Bruiser was still crying in his own seat.

"Then why do you even need our help??" questioned Katherine Plumber from Newsies, who had briefly fallen asleep.

"Because I'm not good at planning parties," Emmett began to sob as well. He and Bruiser cried together for about three hours until 3:3o AM.

Then Katherine gave him advice. "Just... improvise. And as for the cake, just make the same chocolate one but with no chocolate."

"Okay," Emmett sniffled with red-rimmed eyes. "That sounds good."

"And I'll perform," said Dee Dee.

"NO YOU WON'T," said Emmett, turning into a demon until 4:30 AM.

-

At midnight the next morning, Emmett was all set. He'd baked a vanilla cake the previous afternoon, while Elle was at work. He hid it in the oven for when she got home, which was midnight.

When Elle walked through the door, she gasped. "EMMETT!!!!! WHAT IS THIS????!!!!"

He was delighted at her excitement, and secretly congratulated himself for the great choice of decorations. But suddenly... Emmett Forrest realized something was wrong.

The look on his wife's face wasn't a look of happiness, but rather... a look of horror.

With wide eyes, Emmett followed her gaze. At first it looked like Bruiser was drinking all of the chocolate syrup. He screamed. But then he realized it was worse. Worse than Bruiser dying.

That wasn't Bruiser at all. It was...

Trekkie Monster.

Emmett screamed again and Elle joined in as Trekkie finished the bottle and began drinking the wine Emmett had bought specially for the party.

"WHAT'S GOING ON??????????" cried Elle. Emmett shrugged as his wife hid her face in his jacket, Trekkie shaking the last drops of wine into his mouth.

Then when the monster was done, he walked over to the oven. Emmett realized with a jolt that he was looking for the cake, so he dove at Trekkie and tried to stop him. While they tumbled on the floor, the lawyer saw a blurry light on the oven.

Was it... on?

Trekkie ultimately won the fight, and opened the oven as he stood on Emmett's defeated back. Smoke immediately poured out.

Elle gasped. "WHY THE FUCK IS THE OVEN ON!!!!!"

"I THOUGHT IT WAS OFF!!!!!" Emmett screamed as Trekkie stepped on him again, in walking to the table to eat his burnt cake.

The woman stared at the mangled object in front of him. "Is that... a cake?"

"I baked one," Emmett said sheepishly. "For your birthday. Vanilla, so Bruiser wouldn't die by accident."

"Aw, thank you, Emmett," his wife said with tears in her eyes. She glanced toward Trekkie Monster, who still hadn't eaten any of the cake because it was too hard to cut into. The two watched as he eventually gave up and swallowed it whole, all in the middle of their smoke-filled kitchen.

Bruiser came in suddenly. "Oh, good, Trekkie's here!" he exclaimed.

"WHAT?!" his parents cried at the same time.

"Oh, yeah, I invited him," the dog said. "I forgot to tell you."

Trekkie looked at them, stunned. "Oh... me think you know. Me not know why you attacked me earlier."

"Bruiser," Emmett said sternly.

"I'm sorry! 🥺" said Bruiser.

"Go to your room," Elle commanded.

"Me come with you," Trekkie offered as the dog started to walk off. "We write mean things about your parents in me diary."

"Maybe we should go outside," said Emmett once they were gone. "There's still smoke everywhere."

"Good idea," said Elle.

And the two of them walked into the night, having a peaceful few minutes together until Trekkie poked his head through the window to sing about porn.