Betrayal (🍁)

One day, the baby from Junior Squad was watching CoComelon on the TV, when suddenly, a commercial popped up. They didn't pay much attention to it (as they couldn't read), but the announcer's voice came loud and clear. The baby started listening intently then, but only because it sounded just like their dad. Actually, it was their dad. He did commercials on the side, but the baby didn't know that.

A once in a lifetime chance to meet... Meryl Streep??? the baby thought, following along with the commercial in their head. They couldn't believe it! CoCo was a theatre kid and had made them listen to Mamma Mia for hours on end, until they had finally smashed her iPad Pro. But they couldn't deny, meeting Meryl Streep would be a dream come true. They listened to their father's instructions on how to enter the contest, and a few hours later, mailed away their entry. (Since the baby didn't know how to write, all it said was ~_|+-.)

Meanwhile, Joey and CoCo were in the backyard testing out Joey's new invention for Boy Scouts. It was a chair with balloons attached to it, and he was trying to see if it would fly away. Of course, he couldn't risk floating off to never be seen again, so he made his poor sister be his test subject.

"It's not working," CoCo informed him, to his disappointment. "Maybe you just need more balloons."

"There are already 77 balloons tied to this thing!" Joey complained. "It's just not going to work. I know! What if we got a different kind of balloon?" He quickly brought over his friend JJ from CoComelon to breathe helium into his Bob the Train balloon, and once he tied it to the chair, CoCo started lifting off.

Joey and JJ watched in awe as the redheaded girl slowly floated higher. "I'm a genius!" Joey exclaimed. "Hey CoCo, how's the weather up there?"

"Windy," CoCo said, as a breeze carried her away. That was the last word anybody heard her speak that day.

The baby was inside, trying to think about what they would say when they met Meryl Streep. Maybe, "I saw you in Mamma Mia?" or "Can I have a cookie?"

Their dad was just coming home from his job as a commercial announcer, and asked the kid about their day. Now, the baby didn't want to lie, but they also didn't want to tell the truth. So they spat at the ground and ran away. Moments later, the dad went into the backyard and saw Joey and JJ there. Joey was walking down a red carpet in a tux and JJ was taking photos of him.

"What happened here?" said the dad.

"I just sent CoCo off into the sky with a Bob the Train balloon," Joey announced proudly. "JJ helped me."

JJ didn't speak, since Junior squad doesn't have the rights to CoComelon. In fact, JJ shouldn't have even been there at all, so he left soon afterward.

The dad put his hands on his head in disbelief like a cartoon character, which he was. "You what? Joey, you can't do that! CoCo is your sister!"

"Was," Joey corrected him.

The unnamed baby ran out just then, waving a letter they had received sometime in the last thirty minutes. "Guess what! I'm meeting Meryl Streep!"

"You entered the contest?" the dad asked in shock. "They said you have to be six or older!"

The baby didn't answer, and instead ran off to meet Meryl Streep, because the commercial had aired on the same day as the selection and as the event.

Meanwhile, CoCo was in the air, floating higher and higher with her Bob the Train balloon. Somehow, though, she had heard the entire conversation in the backyard, because theatre kids are wired to develop super-hearing every time Meryl Streep's name is mentioned. She was upset with the baby because they had taken her spot— she had entered the contest right before Joey asked her to be part of his testing. She knew that she couldn't have her sibling, who didn't even like Meryl Streep, meet her idol before she did.

Luckily, she saw Nigel floating around with his umbrella, since it was now raining. She steered her chair over to him and called, "Nigel Bottom!"

He looked at her. "Why is this ginger kid talking to me."

"I need your help finding Meryl Streep," she told him. When he gave her a confused look, she said, "I mean, Dee Dee Allen."

"Well, sure, but she might still hate me for ruining her dress and her Gucci dress," Nigel said reluctantly. "I can try to help though."

The two of them joined hands and flew over the city so they could find the Meryl Streep meet and greet. Meanwhile, the baby was being chauffeured in a limo across town, and it was a race against time.

"I'm so excited for this," the baby was ranting to the limo driver. "I've never met a celebrity before. Do you think she'll sign my hat?"

"Maybe she will," said the driver. The baby was suddenly taken aback at how much she sounded like their mom. Actually, it was their mom. She also worked as a limo driver on the side. The baby didn't know that, though, and thought it was just a coincidence.

"There it is!" CoCo cried out, pointing down at the venue where Meryl was doing her meet and greet. "I need to get down!" She took a safety pin out of thin air and used it to pop her Bob the Train balloon, sending her plummeting down toward the venue. Nigel gasped as he watched her fall.

"CoCo no!"

At that exact moment, the baby was being dropped off by their mom, who they thought was just a regular chauffeur. They started walking down the path toward the venue, nervous and excited and hoping they wouldn't trip over their words, despite being a baby and having limited vocabulary and speaking skills, when—
,
somebody crashed through the roof of the venue.

The baby gasped and ran inside to see what had happened, and it was horrific. The person who fell through the roof had landed right on Meryl! And even worse... it was CoCo!

Meryl had to be rushed to the hospital with a broken elbow, and the baby never even got to talk to her. They felt defeated... and hatred toward CoCo.

"Why would you do that?!" they demanded in tears as the two stood on the street corner, waiting for the limo to come and pick them up. "It was my one chance to meet your idol."

"How do you think I feel? My brother sent me off with a Bob balloon, and then I broke my idol's elbow!" she cried.

"CoCo! We don't own the rights to Bob the Train!"

CoCo covered her mouth.

Finally, the limo pulled up, but instead of their mom driving it, it was Joey. He took one look at them standing in front of the venue, gave them the finger 🖕, and then drove away.

He had wanted to meet Meryl Streep.