Chapter 3 - Nightmares and Noodles

Shadow's Pov:

I was back in my house in Leopard Village. I walked down the steps to the basement. I opened the door, and saw the Deamon Chrystal, sitting on it's usual pedestal.

Nothing strange.

"What are you doing here young one?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around, and came face to face with a snow white lion. His eyes were emerald green, just like my own.

I backed up, sensing the malice that was in his aura.

I blinked, and the lion was replaced by my parents.

I ran to them, and hugged them. I tried to nuzzle my head into my father's chest, but he pulled away.

I looked up at him in confusion.

"Sorry, we don't hug our disappointment of a son." both my parents said in an eerie syncranization.

I blinked back tears "Why?" I pleaded.

"You let us die." they said in sync.

"No, no! I didn't. you told me to run with the gem!" tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"You failed!" my mother collapsed, a pool of blood forming underneath her.

"You failed." my father repeated. My mother's body and my father faded into the darkness.

I fell to my knees, my head in my hands.

heard someone walk up to me. I looked up and wiped the tears off of my face. It was the lion again.

"You! You killed them!" I pointed at him.

"No," he said calmly, in a smooth voice. "Did you not hear you parents? You killed them. You let them die."

"No... no, no!"

I shook myself awake. beads of sweat dropped down my face.

I just had the same nightmare I had had almost every night.

I was laying in a bed. It took me a while to remember where I was.

Mr. Ping's Noodle shop, in his son's bedroom.

I heard a strange flopping coming closer to door.

The bedroom door opened and Mr. Ping poked his head in the opening.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

I nodded. "Nightmare."

"Ah, I had those all the time when I was little. I know you'll overcome them. It's almost time to open shop. I thought I'd wake yo up early to teach you how to make noodles."

I got out of bed, and grabbed my hoodie.

"Oh. don't wear that. I took the liberty of making you a shirt." he tossed me a plain emerald green shirt with gold lining, and matching pants.

I looked down at him. "Why? first the soup, then a place to stay, and then new clothes? How could I ever repay you?"

"No need. I asked for a assistant chef, and I have an assistant chef. Now, out put them on and come downstairs." he waddled out the door.

I changed into my new clothed and ducked under the door frame, and down the creaky stairs.

I entered the kitchen where Mr. Ping was waiting.

He clapped his wings together. "Now. let's see how well you make soup. I have the ingredients over here," he gestured to a cutting board, where multiple vegetables were placed.