Chapter 6 - Missions and Backstories

Shadow Pov:

Why would Shifu send me and Tigress on a mission? He litteraly just put me in jail.

Correction, Tigress put me in jail.

She walked to my cage and turned a key in the lock, opening the door.

"Hey, what about us? We could help you." Silver asked.

"No." she said sternly.

The fox frowned. I spoke up. "Hey, after the mission is done, I'll come back for you guys. Maybe we could teach you kung fu!"

Tigress rolled her eyes and walked out of the jailhouse followed by me.

She led me to the Jade Palace. I looked over to the village that was far below. I though about running, far away from here.

 Peace valley wasn't safe. I looked over at Tigress, who wore a scowl on her face. She was really mad at me.

She entered the Jade Palace. I thought we were going to train, but she walked past the opstical courses, and into a small room filled to the brim with scrolls.

When I say filled to the brim, it was filled to the brim. Scrolls lined the walls, and were scattered around the floor and the large table that was in the center of the room.

Tigress walked to the shelves and pulled out one of the newer looking scrolls. She tossed it to me. I caught it and looked at her.

"What do I need this for?"

"It's a map, dingbat. We need it for the mission." she kept picking through the scrolls, occasionally pulling out one, looking at the label, and the pushing of back in.

"To where?" I asked.

"Leopard Village."

The whole world started spinnining, and I started to pass out. I tried to stay awake, and the world slowed down.

"Hey, do you need a drink of water?" she quietly asked, trying to comfort me.

Who was she and what did she do to Tigress?

She left for a few seconds and I sat against one of the bookshelves. Tigress came back a second later with a cup of water. She handed it to me and I accepted it, gratefully.

I sipped as the talked. "Sorry this is on such short notice, but we need to go back to the village to get a sertion wepon, we need to get it before a white lion named Loki gets it first."

I showed my teeth. "I know who he is. He tried to steal the Demon Chrystal, killing my parents in the process. I ran away with the gem, him chasing me every day since then."

"Oh," she looked down sad. "Sorry, I don't know that you knew him on such a personal level. Sorry for your loss."

"It's fine." I stood up and asked her, "When do we leave?"

Her face hardened again, having the attitude of the old Tigress. "We leave now." she started to leave, when I grabbed her shoulder.

"What about the Chrystal, where is it?" I growled at her. I saw her pupil thin for a split second, she was probably scared of me, but then her eyes dilated back to the normal size.

"Monkey and Viper will take care of it. We need to go now, Shifu has heard rumors that he is headed to the village to retrieve the blade, and come back to us and take the gem from you."

I started to protest, but she had left the room before could start.

I packed all I though I would need, food, tools, weapons, and other supplies.

I met Tigress by the docks, and jumped on the boat. She untied the boat from the dock, and we begin our journey.

It was near nightfall, so we decided to find a village to stay the night at. She unraveled the map and studied it.

"Lu Chan Village is a mile upstream, we should go there. I heard that it is pleasant, and cheap to stay at."

I nodded at her. When we arrived at the village, we tied up the boat and lept on to the dock. We walked to the nearest inn, and booked a room with two beds.

I laid down on my bed, and closed my eyes. I was going back to the one place I dreaded.

"Hey, can you tell me about your childhood?"

I looked over at her and made my pupils slits, disgusted by her question. She got the hint, and kept speaking.

"Sorry, Shifu told me I had to ask you about your childhood, and get to know you better."

I grunted at the question, and laid back down on my back. I closed my eyes.

Tigress must have thought that I wasn't going to answer, because when I started talking, I heard her sit up.

"Twenty years ago, when I was nine years old, I woke up one night to the sound of people fighting. I snuck down stairs to see what the noise was all about. I went to the basement, and saw that the door to the room with the Demon Chrystal in it had been broken down.

     I walked to the door and glanced in, a Young white Lion, probably no more than twenty, was fighting my parents, which the gem in his claw.

    I jumped out of hiding and snatched the chrystal out of his hand. He saw me and went to attack, but my mom got in his way. He cut her throat with this claws, and she fell to the floor, dead.

    My father got really angry, and attacked him. He told me to run away, and protect the chrystal with my life.

    So, I ran. I've been on the run for twenty years, never staying in the same place for long. I've taught myself Kung Fu, and managed to stay alive. And here I am now."

Tigress was silent for a couple minutes, then spoke up.

"My life started out with abandonment of my parents. They dropped me off at an orphanage. My whole life at the orphanage was the other orphans there feared me. They thought I was a monster, just because I couldn't control my strength. I had no friends until I was ten years old.

    Eventually Shifu came along, and taught me to control my strength. He took me under his wing, and taught me kung fu.

    I met the furious five when I was fifteen. They were my first true fiends, they have been fighting by my side ever since."

I was sad to hear she had no friends her whole life, and didn't ever meet her parents. At least I had them.

I rolled over in exhaustion and went to sleep.

-----------------

Finally finished this Chapter! I was working on my other book, and managed to publish on both this book and my other book today

(1,136 words)