Chapter 16 - Inside the walls

Sorry for the wait! I did do really well on my exams. (Not that you needed to know)

Now I can focus my time on the book!

----------

Tigress Pov:

We hid in a small room, littered with brooms, and other stuff. Most likely a janitor's closet.

"What do we do now?" Shadow spoke in a hushed tone.

"I don't know." I silenced myself as I heard yelling and footsteps rubble past the closet.

"Let's wait a little while until dark before finding Loki, and the Demon Chrystal and blade. This whole palace will be swarming with coyotes, so it will be easier to sneak around at dark when it's harder for them to stop us."

"Good idea."

We stayed in the closet for a little while, flinching whenever we heard footsteps coming from outside. After about an hour, I cracked the door open to look outside. It was almost sunset, maybe about only 7:00.

"I think it's all clear." I looked back to Tigress. She nodded as I stepped out of the door and looked around.

There was only one guard attop the outer wall, but he was looking away from us, so we hadn't been spotted yet.

"Hey, Shadow, look at this." I turned and looked at her. She was holding two outfits, that may have belong to a janitor. "We could sneak in in plain sight."

I grabbed the bigger jumpsuit. "Well, wouldn't the guards be suspicious of a black leopard and a tiger walzed in the palace.

"O did think about that, but there are gas masks." The held out two gas masks to me. They were big enough to cover my whole face.

"Nice." I grabbed one and put it over my head. Tigress did the same and we jumped into our suits. It was just in time, because two guards came around the corner. They spotted us and walked over.

"What are you doing?" one of them asked.

"Well..." I tried thinking of a cover up.

"Someone bombed the bathroom near the break room. So, maybe tell your comrades to stay clear of that area for a while."

"Good idea." the guard nodded and the two marched away.

"Good cover story." I whispered to Tigress.

"Thanks." We waited until the guards were out of earshot until we took off. We ran two one of the side entrances, and into the palace.

We entered a stairwell. "Which way?" I asked Tigress.

"I've only been here once, but I think the throne room is up." We ran up the stairs, eventually coming to a landing. I cracked open the door, and looked into the lavishly decorated hallway.

"I think this is it." She followed me into the hall. We hid behind the pillars and snuck to the door. I peaked through the keyhole.

Inside the room was a large throne, and on that throne, was Loki.

He wasn't exactly white anymore, but had a purple tint to his fur. His eyes were also a vibrant purple, the same shade as the sky. I shivered, he had absorbed more power that he knew what to do with.

I stepped away from the door in shok. How would I defeat him? I had no special weapons like him.

I slumped against the wall, defeated.

"Hey, I know your nervous, but I know you'll win." she tried to comfort me.

I stood up, and walked back to the stairwell. Unfortunately, one of my claws caught on the fringe carpet. I tugged my foot, unaware of the consequences.

I yanked again, trying to unstick my foot from the carpet. One of the small pillars, that had some sort of vace on it, teetered, and fell. The vace shattered on the wooden floor.

F*ck,  there goes our cover.

I heard yelling from the throne room, and the door was thrown open.

The coyote took one look at us, and yelled back to his Lord.

"Emporer Loki, it is that Leopard and Tiger you are after!" All of a sudden,  Loki appeared right in front of us, causing Tigress and I to stumble, and fall on our butts.

"Shadow." The lion growled deep from within hos throat. There was some sort of purple mist emanating off of him. "What a pleasant surprise, I was just talking about you."

----------

Itty bitty chapter today!

(723 words)