Chapter 5

Its tight

Its tight.
Its choking me.
I'm dying.

...

I'm overreacting.
Maybe.

So that Saturday, I called up Eloise again because I needed her help. For normal events, I would have just put on a lip balm and tied my hair because I couldn't care less.

But I really wanted to blend in, and I was working with other people, so I had a reputation to maintain.

Eloise dragged me to the mall in the morning, and I bought a black dress, reaching till my lower thighs and a high neck with full sleeves.
According to her, the clothes in my wardrobe were 'too loose'. Eh.
Like yeah, I prefer wearing baggy clothes at home, stuff like pajamas and XXXXXXL sized t-shirts.

Okay, maybe not XXXXXXL sized but you get the idea.

...

Nevermind.

After I wore the dress, I realised how tight-fitting it was and then I had a fifteen minute session of being overdramatic, mainly to annoy Eloise.
Yes, I'm the best best friend ever.

"I can't wear this,"

"But you will," Eloise stated blandly, brushing my hair.

"You're mad at me," I said, smiling at the mirror.

"You don't know what's a body mist."

"I lack general knowledge," I replied, nodding seriously.

She laughed.

Eloise had convinced me to keep my hair open and she had curled it into waves, falling onto my shoulders. I applied a red matte lipstick because she said it's better than my watermelon lip balm which tastes amazing. Don't ask how I know what the lip balm tastes like.

I also hate applying eye make-up so her 1 hour effort of trying to convince me to put on mascara and liner failed. She was pissed off about it and didn't agree to help with my earrings which resulted in me losing one of them and then we spent 10 minutes searching for them under my bed.

Typical bffs at their finest.

After we finished up, Eloise wanted me to wear heels but I personally preferred the black boots in case things got bad, and I explained my reasons to her. It made her more moody, and believe me, pissing Eloise Hidalgo off is a difficult job cause she's always so calm and sweet.

"Do you seriously need to take those?" Eloise asked, perched on my bed (which after our 2 hour makeover session looked like a guinea pig's house after an earthquake with blankets in rolls and the pillows dangling at the sides).

I loaded the second gun and looked up. She was still wearily eyeing the weapons on my dresser.

"I probably won't be using them anyway." I said, just to reassure her.