Chapter 4

"There's no competition when it comes to trauma," ~ Vienna Moon, azrielsfuturemate.

-×-
[Chapter edited]

"CLOVE CAMILLE SOLACE YOU BITCH!"

As soon as I heard that voice, I knew I was at the correct place.

I'm clumsy.
Like hella clumsy.
And I couldn't find the directions to the Birch. I mean I have been a New Yorker for just awhile, I know Philadelphia like the back of my hand.

But then one of my organs also known as the brain clicked in and I realised that living in the 21st century, I've a GPS on my phone.

Realization had dawned upon me

I had finally achieved Nirvana

...

Yeah whatever.

The week had passed by in a rush and I had met up with Abir and his team thrice, because we had been tipped off about a drug transaction somewhere downtown.

I finally found the right place, and I can't deny that Eloise had outdid herself once again. She's so effing good at finding restaurants and cafes and arranging dates, like she's so opposite of me.
I would spend my first date in my room, under the blankets, having a Harry Potter movie marathon with a packet of crisps and a bottle of soft drink. And yes, my bag of Skittles.

In case I didn't mention this earlier, Skittles are the love of my life. No debate.

I walked into the cafe, and a pitch loud scream of my name echoed through the whole room along with one beautiful choice of word. It was followed by a bone-crushing hug, as a pair of hands wrapped me from behind.
I laughed, turning around to meet my best friend's green eyes.

"Eloise, how have you been?!" I asked, with a ear splitting grin.

"Better than you it seems," she said, eyeing me up, "how come you're drenched in sweat like this?" She asked suspiciously.

"Had been working out, nothing else," I said, sighing.

"Ugh, I finally thought you were hooking up with someone," she said, holding my hand and dragging me towards one of the two seater tables by the window. Not before earning a smack on the head for her remark.

When I looked around, all the customers who had been staring at the freak girl who screamed and her best friend, quickly turned away, returning to their own business.

We sat down, and a waitress came up to our table.
"What can I get you, ma'am?" She asked, politely.

My eyes trailed down the menu card in Eloise's hands, "One Oreo Frappuccino," I said, smiling at her.

After Eloise had placed her order, we started catching up on our busy lives.

Even though we text each other a lot, not meeting your best friend for two weeks has its effects.
I think being able to explain things physically is just better in many ways, seeing how she reacts, and everything. It's odd how both of us hardly ever get holidays so when we met up that Friday evening, I was not planning to stop talking anytime soon.