Chapter 6

Zach's POV

"Oh my god, is that a bag of royal extra large Skittles which gives you free colour pencils?!"

Was it just me or did I just hear myself speaking. About Skittles.

"Sorry, just wondered aloud," I apologized through the earpiece.

I had stopped in my tracks and Will bumped into me, "No problem, Zach, keep an eye open for the crisps," he added.

I shook my head disbelievingly.

Will and I finished the perimeter check of our side, although there wasn't much to see other than couples making out and groups of friends gathered in conversation.

"Woah," Will exclaimed, when we reached the backyard.

"Okay, whoever owns this place, is Richie Rich," I said, staring at the swimming pool in front of me, surrounded by lounge chairs and tables, coconut trees, lights and basically everything you see in a 5 star hotel.

Clove and Eva joined us from their side and followed our eyes to where we were watching.

"I wish we could party," Eva said, pouting.

"Who said we can't," I answered, smirking, earning myself a glare from Clove.

"If you guys finish checking out the swimming pool, you could come inside and help," Zander said gruffly, through the earpiece.

We turned and headed inside the house through the back doors. As soon as I entered, the loud music hit my ears, the volume rising double than what it had been outside. Whoever was the DJ, they were doing a poor job. I could surely do better.

We knew we had to stay in groups of two or three, not more since we didn't want it to seem like we were together. So while Eva headed across the dance floor to talk to Savannah, I stood on the other side with Will and Clove, who was scanning the rest of the room.

"I thought we were supposed to take our time and go slow?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

She turned around, "Well yes, but I would atleast like to find a person in advance who doesn't look like they'll pass out the very next second."

"God knows why people drink and end up like this."

"You don't drink?" she asked.

"Nope, Zach, the golden boy does not prefer putting toxins in his body when he knows they're harmful," Will answered, putting a hand across my shoulder.

"Well, can't agree. I think alcohol does help, it eases people up and it's okay to chill sometimes," Clove replied.

If only you knew.

"If only people stuck to the sometimes of that sentence-" before I could finish, something else caught my eye and I exclaimed, "FOUND IT!"

"The guy?"

"Nope, the Skittles."

Will laughed.

"You're a bigger Skittles freak than I am," Clove said, facepalming herself.

"Wanna dance?" I asked, before I could stop myself. Okay, that was so embarrassing. I'm a mess.

She raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Because I'm planning your murder and a dance seems like the perfect way to execute it."

"That's the weirdest answer that could come under the label of sarcasm," Clove said, grabbing my hand.

"How the fuck are your hands so cold?" I asked, as we walked to the main part of the floor, making our way through the crowd of people.

I looked back at Will, who winked at me.