Chapter 16

A/N: So, from here on it's mostly based on the movies, hope y'alls don't mind

In hindsight, his plan worked terribly in a perfect way. 

We passed out on the ship of our rescuers, and then were woken up by being tossed onto the docks. The sailors had taken us to Jamaica, where they left us drunk and hungry and thirsty. 

That was almost four years ago. 

Jack and I had several other adventures after that, never leaving the others' side. We had spent the years trying to track down the Pearl so he could take her back, but each time we heard about it making port somewhere, it had already left by the time we got there. It never stayed at a dock longer than a few days, and the times they did make port was rare. Jack found that strange: No ship of that size with a normal crew would be able to do that. While chasing the Pearl we'd gotten into plenty of other mishaps and incidents. Some left behind stories that spread quite far, always over-exaggerated by every mouth that told these stories. 

During one unfortunate endeavor to try and get a ship of our own we ended up in a small dinghy with a single sail and a rudder.

"I swear I asked them politely." I muttered as I sat with my hand on the rudder. 

We had been stranded on another island again after sneaking onto a Spanish trade ship-- and taking over command at the last minute to avoid being killed, but that's not important. To get off the island, one needs a ship, of course. We'd spotted a nice average-sized ship at the docks, and Jack had sent me to try and ask for permission to borrow the ship, but we were threatened to be murdered and had our bodyless skins hanging from the mainmast. We took that as our cue to run for our lives. 

Jack was adjusting the sail, sitting across from me. "I'm sure you did your best, dear." He took off his hat and wiped away some sweat, opening his compass.

"Where else could we possibly get a ship?" I looked up at him and saw a wonderful smirk on his face as he looked at his compass to see where to head. "Oh, I like that expression. Do tell."

"It seems we're not far from Port Royal." He closed the compass and handed it to me. I tucked it into my jacket pocket.

"You mean the breeding ground of the East India Trading Company? Who have been on our tails for months?" Also true. The Trading Company had spotted us on one of their neighbouring islands, and they didn't like that. They chased us all the way across the AtIantic Ocean to Portugal, where we then had to hide in a brothel's cellar to finally lose them. 

I also didn't like the idea of returning back to where I was raised. My name has been said in some places, so I'm sure it has reached the ears of Norrington and Governor Swann too. Perhaps even sweet Elizabeth. 

In conclusion, if I was to return there, with the renowned Captain Jack Sparrow by my side, I'd be shot on sight.

"Yes. They have wonderful ships." Jack innocently grinned. He knew I wasn't eager to go there.

"Certainly too big for us to man on our own."

"Well, you know how we do things. I'm sure it'll work out." 

It took far too long for us to arrive in Port Royal. Another two days, to be more specific.

Once we neared the dock, Jack climbed up the mast and looked around. I admired how powerful and fascinating he looked. The wind blowing his hair and coat back, the determined look on his face. 

I fixed my head scarf and tightened my belt, adjusted the buttons on my blouse and dusted off my coat. 

Jack looked down into the boat and saw me dusting my coat. "What're you doing?"