ace x reader: bartender

"Semi, we are almost out of booze!". You yelled, serving another table with two wine bottles. Giving you a thumbs up, your best friend left the store with her bag. You got the news that some pirates were in town, so it was to be expected as this bar would be needing a lot of booze since this place was really popular. 

When you wanted a day off...

"One bottle here please". You heard a voice say. Looking towards the table, a man was seen. He had a weird-looking orange hat on with funny-looking symbols. No shirt, just some dark navy trousers. Suddenly it hit you. That tattoo.

Whitebeard Pirates.

'What was someone from the Whitebeard Pirates doing here?'

Someone that big and feared...?

Chills slightly ran down your spine, although you did not quite get why. Many pirates with pretty big bounties came in here. You did not know who the guy was by name, but he sure looked like a big shot.

"C-coming".  Taking a new wine bottle, you walked towards the guy and placed it on the table. He looked a little beat up since his body had some scars on it. The man had his face downwards, he did not look pretty approachable at the moment.

You noticed the bruise on his left arm. It looked bad and if not cured, would cause an infection. Quickly remembering that there was some ointment near the counter, you wanted to give it to the guy but he was scary.

'He might be scarier than he looks'.

 You thought to yourself. But the bruise. It was getting to you. Hopping towards the counter, you picked up the first aid pouch. Every pirate attending bar had some of these because violence was pretty common in such places.

Thinking of how to tell him, you reached at his table again before you knew.

"Uh, Mister?". You called out, in a low voice. He flicked the brim of his hat up, eyeing you from the side.

"Hmm?". He voiced out. Maybe this was not needed. But you decided to attend to his wounds anyway. This was your bar, and anyone coming here would receive free aid if they wanted it or not.

"Here. This will make that bruise look less painful". The man looked at the ointment in my hand and cracked a little smile. It was unexpected but, relieving.

"Thank you, young lady". Smiling at the man, you decided to get past and do your work.

"Wait a minute". You heard him say. Turning behind, you saw him patting the chair next to him, hands on his face with a small smirk.

'Is it the booze getting to him...'.

"Don't worry. I just want a little company". He did not sound drunk one bit. You shrugged internally and pulled out the chair, sitting next to this random man.

"I hope you aren't busy".

"We have some big pirate guys coming any time, but I'll manage. Loads of experience".

"This is your shop?". He asked.

"My father's. He passed it down to me after his death. It's been two years".

Slurping down the bottle, he took another glass, placing it on the table.

"Shall I?".

"Huh? No. I don't drink, although it might sound surprising". Drinking never hit you well. Would lead you into some messy troubles. Also the morning headaches...not a fan.

"Sure is!? Wouldn't a bar owner like to live in beer?".

"It tastes disgusting". The man laughed at the statement. Placing the cup back, he looked at you.