ichiji x reader: in the middle of the night

"Get yourself to look pretty". You heard your boyfriend say from across the room. Rolling your eyes, you opened the drawers to bring out your makeup kit, applying a simple style on your face.

"Oh, and make sure to use a bright red lip color". Slamming your hands on the dressing table, you glared at him.

"You know I don't like to wear that color". You said in defense. He shook his head.

"If you are coming as my girlfriend to the party, do what I say".

Tired of his needs, you decided to do what he says. It has been three years since you started dating your boyfriend. You missed the man he was before. Now, he comes home late and is always on his phone. You never took care of those things, as being a possessive jealous girl is not what you wanted, but these days it was a little over the top.

"Let's go". You heard him say coldly. Taking your purse, you got in the car as he drove off to the venue.

Your best friend's yearly party was more like a grand gala. Being rich was an advantage when it came to her yearly parties. She hosted them in grand hotels with a lot of food, decorations, and whatnot.  You smiled to yourself amidst all your boyfriend's chaos. After all, your best friend was the only person you could rely on.

The party venue was seen near, as your boyfriend parked the car.  Getting out, you were greeted by your friend with a hug.

"Y/n!". She squealed.

"It's so good to see you! Look at you, gorgeous!". 

She giggled, pulling you inside the hotel. Waving goodbye to your boyfriend, who by the way left you alone long ago, you turned around sighing.

'He could have at least told me that he was leaving'.

The place was crowded with disco lights jamming into your eyes. You understood that your friend had to leave you to address new guests, so you decided to venture around for yourself until you find someone you knew.

"Oi". You heard a voice call you out. Rolling your eyes, you turned around, to find your predictions right. In front of you was the usual red-haired dick, with that usual smirk.

"You are the least of my concerns now. I would like it if you leave". 

"That is so rude".

Ichiji came closer to you with a drink in his hand. He extended his arm for you to take it, to which you showed no response.

"Why would I trust you with that?". You said, making him scoff.

"You seriously think I'd poison you?...yes".

"Dude!". You smacked him in the shoulder, grabbing the drink out of his hands. Looking at the contents, you internally smiled as it was your favorite, cosmo.

"I just randomly chose it. Not that it's your favorite or something...". Ichiji said ruffling his head. You smirked, drinking the cocktail, walking off.

Ichiji and you had a complex relationship. He was the "sworn" enemy of your boyfriend. The two of them hated each other, and eventually, you were not allowed to talk to him either. On the other hand, you found him interesting, and cool. Mainly since he did not harbor ill feelings to you, despite you being his enemy's girl.

Ichiji gave you a wink, before walking off, to which you choked on the cocktail. Smiling, you continued with your drink, waiting for your friend to come back.

"What was that?". You looked over at your boyfriend who looked very pissed.

"What?".

"You were talking to him again. I told you to stay away from him, didn't I?".